5,593,650 Members 39,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data partition and bootloops

Tip us?

antkalaitzakis96
Old
(Last edited by antkalaitzakis96; 16th January 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Default Data partition and bootloops

Since lot of users are having problems with bootloops after wiping data I think we need to find a solution.As I read it happens because the data partition has changed after installing aio mod(I would like to note that I am one of the users that face bootloops and I have installed aio mod in the past)
I was thinking if we could change the data partition size to the original again or something like that.Any ideas are welcomed..!

Flacid Monkey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great idea I can help testing

My only other gripe at the moment is the clock not working on custom roms, non from the market work either. Sounds are non-existent

ICuaI
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I can't confirm, that it is related to aio-mod.
i tried different roms and never had problems with bootloops after wiping data (e.g. CM10.2 and JB one
I was atheist until I realised I am God
Razr I -> infiniROM + AOSP-ThemeMod
Defy green -> CM11 by Quarx
Nexus 10 Purity + franco kernel

Hazou
Old
Thanks Meter 716
It can't be the data partition size, we don't have any tool that can re-partition the data partition or any other. The AIO mod and some others haven't changed anything to the data partition, only some script that places some files in other location on the data partition. And those script are located on the system partition.

I don't know why you all have this, but some do some don't. like with the recovery's. some can format the system with the build in line in the updater-script, some can't. I think there are just some small differences between the phones. But i dunno what.
Github: HazouPH
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]