[Q] Glass Lens Break

Tip us?

4x10m
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Glass Lens Break

Hi guys,
I have break the glass of my xt910 and i search to replace it.
On internet i found 2 type of replacement parts, one type with lcd/digitizer and glass lens for ~100$ and the other with just glass lens for ~30$.
My LCD and my digitizer work fine so i don't want to buy useless things but on video that i watch where a guy disassemble a razr. At the end, they have just the part with lcd/digitizer and glass lens and they don't go far away.

So i want to know if i can just buy a glass lens and replace just this part on my razr.
I post you a photo of my smartphone.

Thanks and sry for english this is not my native language.

4x10m
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0464.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	2361821  

nijom
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x10m View Post
Hi guys,
I have break the glass of my xt910 and i search to replace it.
On internet i found 2 type of replacement parts, one type with lcd/digitizer and glass lens for ~100$ and the other with just glass lens for ~30$.
My LCD and my digitizer work fine so i don't want to buy useless things but on video that i watch where a guy disassemble a razr. At the end, they have just the part with lcd/digitizer and glass lens and they don't go far away.

So i want to know if i can just buy a glass lens and replace just this part on my razr.
I post you a photo of my smartphone.

Thanks and sry for english this is not my native language.

4x10m
I think you should get a Glass+Digitizer, its available in ebay from China sellers for around 85$. Because in most devices removing glass from digitizer will be a tough task!!

4x10m
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijom View Post
I think you should get a Glass+Digitizer, its available in ebay from China sellers for around 85$. Because in most devices removing glass from digitizer will be a tough task!!
I see a tuto with a air dryer. For 70$ im ready to test this solution.

Thank you

Anyone else ?

Nicktyelor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not sure if you went through with it, but I'd advise against it. I was about to do this with my old Razr and we backed out. The digitizer and screen are fuzed together so separating them is really difficult without cracking the actual screen (I've heard it's actually impossible).