XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 update keeps failing, rooted

Tip us?

cinnamngrl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tutorial [Q] 4.3 update keeps failing, rooted

my phone keeps showing the update to 4.3 but it never seems to go through. my phone just reboots. I am not an experienced rooter. Do i have to undo?

robogoflow
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamngrl View Post
my phone keeps showing the update to 4.3 but it never seems to go through. my phone just reboots. I am not an experienced rooter. Do i have to undo?
You need to have stock recovery in order to take the update. Search for the mja tar file that you flash through odin and wont erase data but it will flash over all stock images to take the update. Be warned stock 4.3 has Knox which keeps track if you root your device again. It trips a counter and as of right now is permanent.

JhoonB51
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
If your phone is not completely stock the OTA update will not work

cinnamngrl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default thanks, makes sense now question 2

people seem pretty bleh on the update. should I wait for more stabilization to update? I will need to root it again.

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
people seem pretty bleh on the update. should I wait for more stabilization to update? I will need to root it again.
If you want 4.3 minus the bootloader you can check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41384294

This of course is if your still on the MF9 bootloader....

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...