custom rom scene on gpad ??

Tip us?

wwwpuntoit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default custom rom scene on gpad ??

hello all,

i'm really stuck deciding on which tablet to buy, i think gpad could be be great compromise for screen size plus wonderfull specs
one thing that draws me back is that there are no custom rom for this tablet, how do you guys see the future of custom roms for this device ?

thanks
ONE FLASH PER DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwpuntoit View Post
hello all,

i'm really stuck deciding on which tablet to buy, i think gpad could be be great compromise for screen size plus wonderfull specs
one thing that draws me back is that there are no custom rom for this tablet, how do you guys see the future of custom roms for this device ?

thanks
It basically just came out, so give it time. We've got root and someone has given LOKI our aboot and device info so we're waiting on that for the moment.

tribemac
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Well no idé about the future, but prob won't be to many roms for it. But I don't really feel any need for it either, on my phone I always use custom roms but on this tablet I'm happy with stock.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

wwwpuntoit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
OK, i really like customization of roms like paranoid, carbon, omni ROM and PAC....would ne nice to know these will come ti this decide too

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

opasha
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwpuntoit View Post
OK, i really like customization of roms like paranoid, carbon, omni ROM and PAC....would ne nice to know these will come ti this decide too

you can root, debloat with titanium, and customize with wanam exposed using xposed installer.
Devices: At&t Galaxy Note 3 (rooted), LG G Pad 8.3 (rooted)

wwwpuntoit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Yeah i guess so even though aosp aokp roms give that little more fluidity to the all UI..can someone please tell me how this tab handles reading editing PDF files? Thanks

the_crevis
Old
Thanks Meter 19
djrbliss added Loki support for the gpad a few hours ago - here is the link, we now have root and bootloader bypass! https://github.com/djrbliss/loki

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crevis View Post
djrbliss added Loki support for the gpad a few hours ago - here is the link, we now have root and bootloader bypass! https://github.com/djrbliss/loki
Yeah, we're really making strides with such a small number of interested people. Now we just need a custom recovery and we can get working on rooted stock ROMs and CM.

wwwpuntoit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
that would be sweet, i think custom rom scene is what i love most about android, most of the times oem's overcharge their devices pointlessly or too much and this makes the experience not fluid as it should be

the_crevis
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
Yeah, we're really making strides with such a small number of interested people. Now we just need a custom recovery and we can get working on rooted stock ROMs and CM.
I'm returning my g pad tomorrow because of the blue line issue and light bleed, i know every seems to have it but its really been annoying me. However, if/when i get a working one i have the cyanogenmod source downloaded, configured as best i can and ready to compile and test!

The Following User Says Thank You to the_crevis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]