FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

Still can't view Google Hangout messages on gear

Thanks Meter: 11
 
By TopDogg1, Senior Member on 12th December 2013, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Even after the update today...I can't view Google Hangout notifications on my gear....omg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
12th December 2013, 05:51 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Maple Ridge
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
After the update, did you enable the additional notifications in the gear manager? if you click on notifications, at the bottom there is a 'more notifications' toggle, which then allows you to have any app installed (that would normall have notifications in your task bar) send their notifications to the gear.

This worked for me. I can read the messages from hangouts without any issue at all. I also have facebook notifications and such shown on the watch as well.
12th December 2013, 07:21 PM |#3  
Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I'm having the same issue I'm on wicked v9 now with a samsung galaxy s4 for t-mobile and I don't see a "more notifications" tab anywhere just a notification tab. It has hangout on it but it only opens the app on the phone.
12th December 2013, 09:26 PM |#4  
TopDogg1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Yep mine is the same as Ragnarkov. ..don't have more notifications. ..maybe I have to wait for another update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th December 2013, 06:17 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarkov

After the update, did you enable the additional notifications in the gear manager? if you click on notifications, at the bottom there is a 'more notifications' toggle, which then allows you to have any app installed (that would normall have notifications in your task bar) send their notifications to the gear.

This worked for me. I can read the messages from hangouts without any issue at all. I also have facebook notifications and such shown on the watch as well.

what version of gear manager are you on?
13th December 2013, 06:42 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Maple Ridge
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seetully

what version of gear manager are you on?

The latest version available to me on the Samsung App Store. Both Note 3 and Gear are full stock, no rooting.

Attached screen caps of how it shows up on my phone. Not sure if it would be different on a different carrier variant, different roms, or different phones etc.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386916670957.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	2451947   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386916770662.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2451949   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386916789423.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2451951   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386916802409.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2451952  
15th December 2013, 03:04 AM |#7  
Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarkov

The latest version available to me on the Samsung App Store. Both Note 3 and Gear are full stock, no rooting.

Attached screen caps of how it shows up on my phone. Not sure if it would be different on a different carrier variant, different roms, or different phones etc.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

I don't have that option on my gear. I live in the United States and my gear is through my Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
15th December 2013, 03:09 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Maple Ridge
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hus3695

I don't have that option on my gear. I live in the United States and my gear is through my Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am actually shocked. I honestly thought software-wise (with any OTA/Kies updates) we recieved them at the same time. I usually check for availability with AT&T or another american provider because the ones here in Canada are TERRIBLE at giving out updated information.

Sorry I couldn't be of help
15th December 2013, 03:35 AM |#9  
Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarkov

I am actually shocked. I honestly thought software-wise (with any OTA/Kies updates) we recieved them at the same time. I usually check for availability with AT&T or another american provider because the ones here in Canada are TERRIBLE at giving out updated information.

Sorry I couldn't be of help

That's okay I just got the gear and the Note 3 a couple of days ago. Us in the states usually get stuff late

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
15th December 2013, 03:38 AM |#10  
mr pnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Compton Ca.
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't have play store/ink pad or new stand on my notification

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1387078701992.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	2455278  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Gear General by ThreadRank