XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FMRadio.apk

Tip us?

SJMarty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Question [Q] FMRadio.apk

I've downloaded the "app.zip" from the link in this thread. I extracted the files and pulled out FMRadio.apk and FMRadio.odex. I placed them in the system directory, set the permissions, and rebooted. Unfortunately, the FM Radio app does not show up. I've cleared cache and Davlik with the same results. Can someone help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Rooted P769 running v20F. Thanks.
LG Optimus L9 (P769) v20F
Rooted / Locked
T-Mobile

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
I've downloaded the "app.zip" from the link in this thread. I extracted the files and pulled out FMRadio.apk and FMRadio.odex. I placed them in the system directory, set the permissions, and rebooted. Unfortunately, the FM Radio app does not show up. I've cleared cache and Davlik with the same results. Can someone help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Rooted P769 running v20F. Thanks.
By system directory you mean system/app right?

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

SJMarty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Yes.
Rooted / Locked
T-Mobile

Nathan.7118391
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
Yes.
That's not how you place apps in the system. What you have to do is change the permissions first then place both files at the same time in \system\app folder. Once that is done you should be able to reboot and viola.

SJMarty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan.7118391 View Post
That's not how you place apps in the system. What you have to do is change the permissions first then place both files at the same time in \system\app folder. Once that is done you should be able to reboot and viola.
I'm not following you. The files have to be somewhere on the system partition to change permissions, right? If not in /system/app, where do I place the files to change the permissions?
Rooted / Locked
T-Mobile

Nathan.7118391
Old
Thanks Meter 174
If you are using terminal then I understand what you are saying but you need to download a file manager, I use root explorer. Place the app anywhere on your system just not in app. Change permissions then move it to system partition.

Sent from my LG-P769(v20f) using the xda-developers app. Hit the thanks bottom, makes me feel good!

BravoCharlieDelta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question does this work on LG-P769

i tried the exact steps mentioned on the T-mobile LG optimus L9. (LG-P769)
I have rooted this phone.

used "root browser" app to move the files around.

No sucess..

the files sit on fmradio.apk and fmradio.odex and the permission are changed to rw-r-r

However, when i reboot the phone, I dont see any FM radio on the phone.

I then went into the /system/app folder and tried to install the .apk and I get a message " application not installed"

does the US model actually have FM radio capabilities?

SJMarty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoCharlieDelta View Post
does the US model actually have FM radio capabilities?
I think you may be right. I've tried this multiple times with three different file managers (Solid Explorer, Root Browser, and ES) with no luck. I thought it would install regardless and if there's no FM tuner, it just wouldn't work.
Rooted / Locked
T-Mobile

pisherthefisher
Old
(Last edited by pisherthefisher; 18th August 2013 at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 330
It looks like we don't know if our device has an FM radio or not. GSM arena says the the p760 does have an FM radio chip, but for the p769 it says "TBD" which means "to be disclosed". But if the phone doesn't come stock with an FM radio app it probably doesn't.

blougeorge
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisherthefisher View Post
It looks like we don't know if our device has an FM radio or not. GSM arena says the the p760 does have an FM radio chip, but for the p769 it says "TBD" which means "to be disclosed". But if the phone doesn't come stock with an FM radio app it probably doesn't.
The P768 definitely has a radio chip, I used the radio on stock V20A South Africa and it worked, but now with CM10 there is no radio app