XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera exposure?

Tip us?

y.pango
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Camera exposure?

I've been hunting around the Web and trying various apps looking for a camera that has tap for exposure (or exposure lock). The closest one was Camera Awesome, however, an error occurs stating that it doesn't support the device if you try and activate it (I have a galaxy s4 i9505). Prior to looking into this, I really thought it wasn't too much to ask for. Does anyone know why it's not a feature that's available on our devices?

What sad is that apps on the iPhone and a jailbreak tweak for the stock camera has this feature.

Kriomag
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by y.pango View Post
I've been hunting around the Web and trying various apps looking for a camera that has tap for exposure (or exposure lock). The closest one was Camera Awesome, however, an error occurs stating that it doesn't support the device if you try and activate it (I have a galaxy s4 i9505). Prior to looking into this, I really thought it wasn't too much to ask for. Does anyone know why it's not a feature that's available on our devices?

What sad is that apps on the iPhone and a jailbreak tweak for the stock camera has this feature.
S4 does have exposure lock, just not in auto mode, try night mode its also good for daylight pictures - main difference is that it is processed by software (S600) with a little more agressive denoise filter than auto mode (which is processed by bulid in Fujitsu ISP). Sport mode also does the job
TXT-Blaster

Galaxy S4 I9505

y.pango
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriomag View Post
S4 does have exposure lock, just not in auto mode, try night mode its also good for daylight pictures - main difference is that it is processed by software (S600) with a little more agressive denoise filter than auto mode (which is processed by bulid in Fujitsu ISP). Sport mode also does the job
Exposure lock has not been obvious on the S4... Thank you!

Can I just check... what is it that you are pressing to activate the exposure lock? Are you holding down the shutter button to lock exposure (and focus) then recomposing the frame? This method actually works for me in Auto mode as well... unless there is another method I can't seem to work out.

I found a camera that has exposure lock: CameraPro.
I'll have to use it more before I can give feed back.. initial impressions is that it's fairly easy to use with the user defined on camera/screen buttons

om22
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Simply point the cam at a bright spot so the exposure will adjust itself. Then, while holding the shutter button point at what you want to take a picture of again and release the shutter button.

This works in stock rom and cm10.2/cm11
Nexus 5 / CWM / Cyanogenmod 11 / included kernel