XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 2 4.3 help

Tip us?

wolfspider55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Note 2 4.3 help

I recently updated my Note 2 SPH-L900 to Android 4.3. At first everything went well until when I went to root it it seems though my phone recognizes its been plugged in as a media device to my computer it says that there is no program that can access its files. I've activated USB debugging as well as put it to MTP+ADB under the Qualcomm USB settings and then selected to use MTP. Did I click a wrong setting? My phone will charge when plugged in to my computer. Odin also does not recognize my phone. Any help to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
USB debugging is MTP+ADB. When you put it back on MTP you took it off USB debugging.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

wolfspider55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
USB debugging is MTP+ADB. When you put it back on MTP you took it off USB debugging.

I didn't take it off of MTP+ADB. One I pressed save and reset I plugged my phone in and touched the USB button in the status bar then I selected mtp for media device instead of ptp for camera. Yet despite having the right settings my note 2 states that it is unable to find software on my computer that can recognize my phone. I'm using Windows 7 with the Samsung USB phone drivers installed already. This problem only started when I updated to the 4.3 update. Hopefully this information helps a bit more then my previous post.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post

Is adb on your computer up to date?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Uninstall the drivers and reinstall them from here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SPH-L900TSASPR