[Q] No Sim Card error

Tip us?

Radon05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No Sim Card error

YES THIS IS A SPH-L900...

I had a problem getting 4G data and posted a thread about it. After following some suggested steps, I am worse off and I dont even get 3g anymoe. I didnt mention this in my other thread, but I am constantly get this No sim card error when using stock samsung roms. I have flashed all sorts of roms. I have gone from MC2 to MK4 and from MK4 back to MC2. Everytime I am on a Samsung ROM I get this error without fail no matter what. I dont know if this affecting my data at all, but who knows at this point.

How the hell do I get rid of this error? I obviously dont have a SIM card

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2175

DONATE TO ME
Well actually you do have a sim card. The thing is that it is not removable it is actually a chip soldered onto the mainboard.

Sounds like you might major issues. Could be that the chip fried or the data on it got corrupted. Although I could be completely wrong about it. Hopefully someone here can help you and hopefully you got warranty/insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

Radon05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Well actually you do have a sim card. The thing is that it is not removable it is actually a chip soldered onto the mainboard.

Sounds like you might major issues. Could be that the chip fried or the data on it got corrupted. Although I could be completely wrong about it. Hopefully someone here can help you and hopefully you got warranty/insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I flashed the Carbon ROM and now I have 3g. I dont know whats going on. Its possible My APN Settings are screwed up. Does any have an APN backup and Restore file or Titanium Backup file they could send me? I would like to try to restore APN settings from a working L900 with LTE

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon05 View Post
I flashed the Carbon ROM and now I have 3g. I dont know whats going on. Its possible My APN Settings are screwed up. Does any have an APN backup and Restore file or Titanium Backup file they could send me? I would like to try to restore APN settings from a working L900 with LTE
Have you flashed the ENTIRE FIRMWARE for a build? I'm not just talking about /system/ or the "ROM" but the entire tarball of the modem, bootloader, ROM, etc. I've had this issue on a Sprint S3. It ended up being a bad tarball. I think the modem may have gotten corrupted. I didn't do any further troubleshooting after an alternate MD5 tarball worked. Try getting the MK4 firmware from my dropbox link and flashing it through Odin 3.07 or 3.09. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1yshwjv35...900SPTBMK4.rar

Also, does your SD card work? If not, I think that whole board controls both the embedded SIM and the SD card. If that cable is somehow disconnected, your embedded SIM won't work and your SD card won't work. Best way to test it out without taking the entire phone apart (which is VERY easy to do....compared to the iPhones) is to test the SD card. NOTE: your embedded SIM may be fried and your SD card slot might still work, keep this in mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecs87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Radon05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
Have you flashed the ENTIRE FIRMWARE for a build? I'm not just talking about /system/ or the "ROM" but the entire tarball of the modem, bootloader, ROM, etc. I've had this issue on a Sprint S3. It ended up being a bad tarball. I think the modem may have gotten corrupted. I didn't do any further troubleshooting after an alternate MD5 tarball worked. Try getting the MK4 firmware from my dropbox link and flashing it through Odin 3.07 or 3.09. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1yshwjv35...900SPTBMK4.rar

Also, does your SD card work? If not, I think that whole board controls both the embedded SIM and the SD card. If that cable is somehow disconnected, your embedded SIM won't work and your SD card won't work. Best way to test it out without taking the entire phone apart (which is VERY easy to do....compared to the iPhones) is to test the SD card. NOTE: your embedded SIM may be fried and your SD card slot might still work, keep this in mind.
Thanks for the insight. I flashed a new firmware like you recommended. I am no longer getting the SIM error, but still no data. I found out that all my APNs were deleted. I have no APN information which is weird. I made a backup with APN backup and Restore, but I wiped my SD card in my troubleshooting.

I need APN info for spint if anyone has it

jocarog
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Try to copy this to system/etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88tim98emsstrl3/apns-conf.xml

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)
Kernel: Stock 4.3
Rom: Stock 4.3 Digiblur Rom 'Unknoxed'
NOOB
Previous phones:
HTC EVO 4G LTE (Retired) HBOOT: 2.09 S-OFF (DirtyRacun-RabiesShot-BabyRacun); T-Mo Mytouch 4g (Glacier) rooted, s-off, sim unlocked, iPhone 1 (aka 2g), 3g, 3GS, 4, jailbroken & unlocked (sold them all to get my Evo!)

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 118
That's really odd seeing as how in my experience that file gets injected whenever you Odin a firmware...I can get you the specific APN settings from my L900 if the above APN file doesn't work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app