XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Led notification stops blinking after a while

Tip us?

ruggedman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Led notification stops blinking after a while

Let's say i get a message at night in my HTC One and when i wake up in the morning the led isn't blinking. It's really annoying.

On my Samsung Galaxy S3 the led was blinking until i read the notification. That way I knew I had message when i woke up without touching the phone.

Is there any fix for this so it blinks all the time and not just for a while like it seems to be doing right now.

I am stock at the moment.

One more annoying thing is that when the phone is charging the led is red all the time. Even if I get a message. In my opinion it should blink green so i know that i have a message.

puretone
Old
Thanks Meter 19
You care not if it drains the battery, should your notification LED blink ad-infinitum? I would...

Also, I don't understand the premise of why the notification LED should blink (and the phone making a beep) like crazy when the battery reaches below 10%. What the heck is the idea here? Announce that the battery is low by draining it some more?

Have you checked the Notifications subsection in Settings? You can set the notification LED blinks & color, to however many repeats...

djason89
Old
Thanks Meter 21
there's already a thread that started recently discussing this. You will need root to change the notification timeout.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567127