5,605,187 Members 37,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Must Have Apps for Samsung Galaxy SII Plus

Tip us?

warface123
Old
(Last edited by warface123; 6th August 2013 at 09:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Hi everyone,
Another common thread which i would like to see in s2 plus subforum

Starting with my favorite apps
  1. MX Player - A video / audio player that supports almost all formats and subtitle support too
  2. Whatsapp - A cross platform social messenger which needs no special introduction.
  3. My APKs - lets u share / backup / restore apk files. So no need to download them again in case u factory reset or install a new rom.
  4. Root Explorer - Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).
  5. Better Battery Stats - With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions
  6. Opera Browser - fastest browser for Android loads webpages almost instantly, in the right size and format for your phone.
  7. Titanium Backup- Backup ALL apps, Market links, remove bloatware & MORE! ☆Needs ROOT
  8. Dropbox - Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website.
  9. Instagram -Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button.
  10. Xda-app- app by xda itself to browser its forum in an easy way. ( still lacks report button )
  11. Opera Mini- for those who have slow and limited data plans (like me ) and still want to browse fast.
  12. Tapatalk 4 - yes its the latest FREE version of tapatalk. Tapatalk is the only mobile app combing over 50,000+ internet communities with a streamlined mobile experience, allowing you to share and follow thoughts, photos, opinions to all your communities within a single mobile app.
  13. Nova Launcher - Highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+
  14. Rotation Locker - Lock your screen's rotation in Landscape, Portrait or Auto. When you launch the app, you're faced with these three options.
  15. Root Dim - Requires root. Lets you decrease the brightness level way beyond what system allows, good for those who chat under blankets
  16. Ex Dialer & Contacts - Fast and Smart T9 Dialer and Contact with theme and plugin suppport
  17. Sliding Messaging Free- Easily manage text messages in a new and up to date format compliant with the Android design guidelines and visually based on the stock messaging app from Google
  18. Tubemate - lets u download youtube videos on your mobile itself in any resolution u want B)
  19. Ultimate Custom Widget UCCW - make your own widgets easily. Head on to this thread to find alot of them
  20. Camera 360 Ultimate- my favorite camera app with 100s of photo effects. Also has cloud support
  21. Hide It Pro - Hide Pictures ,Videos, Applications, Messages , Calls in your phone. COMPLETELY FREE and UNLIMITED version
  22. Xperia Album App - my favorite album app when i had my Xperia U and i still use it on my s2p.
  23. Xperia Walkman App - walkman app of Xperia. just install as simple apk and enjoy
  24. Greenify - requires root...- Greenify help you identify and put the bad behaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery
Dashclock widget Dashclock widget is a widget some you can see the time and more stuff on your lockscreen

Feel free to drop your favorite apps in posts and i will add them to op

my devices samsung galaxy gio
iphone 4s
htc sensation
xperia s
galaxy s3
iphone 5 64gb !!!
htc one x sold

Hardwell changed my life completely <3

My favorite Music FTW !!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warface123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warface123
Old
(Last edited by Jonny; 5th August 2013 at 01:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Reserved

my devices samsung galaxy gio
iphone 4s
htc sensation
xperia s
galaxy s3
iphone 5 64gb !!!
htc one x sold

Hardwell changed my life completely <3

My favorite Music FTW !!!!

panda00
Old
Thanks Meter 1028
I heard Greenify is really good (based on the Google Play Store comments) for lag reduction, but I've never used it because I have little-no lag.
The Following User Says Thank You to panda00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda00 View Post
I heard Greenify is really good (based on the Google Play Store comments) for lag reduction, but I've never used it because I have little-no lag.
I had used it on my xu (bit laggy on ics) .. and yes it functioned well.. bt I choosed all apps haphazardly so had much trouble wid keyboard not popping up ..
Added to op

AmoledIsBetter
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Well, I have some favourite apps that I always use but they are not necessarily SGS2+ specific.

- Android System Info - Nice and easy overview of your battery, space and ram usage and more.
- Google Authenticator - Required for 2-factor protection on your Google account.
- Battery Monitor Widget - Useful for keeping an eye on your battery usage and charge history.
- DiskUsage - Give you an easy to read graphical representation of what's using all your precious storage space, has root features also.
- EBookDroid - PDF and e-book reader.
- ES File Explorer - For moving files about, with LAN/WAN/Cloud support and root features.
- GPS Test - Excellent tool for displaying all sorts of information about your GPS signal.
- KeePassDroid - Android implementation of KeePass, an open source password manager.

skulim
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Default Sync/filetransfer and MORE

App I really love is:

MyPhoneExplorer

You just simply install it on phone, later on on PC. You can connect your phone via USB, BT or WIFI. Works for me perfect - very easy files shering (including folders), contact edit... and there is much more!

ptothej
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulim View Post
App I really love is:

MyPhoneExplorer

You just simply install it on phone, later on on PC. You can connect your phone via USB, BT or WIFI. Works for me perfect - very easy files shering (including folders), contact edit... and there is much more!
Similiar to that i will recommend this app AirDroid , comes handy when you do not have a USB cable with you
The Following User Says Thank You to ptothej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda00 View Post
Greenify is great at battery life especially when used with better battery stats. You can hibernate apps that are causing your phone to wake up or ones that run in the background.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Anthony V
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Dropbox

I use my Dropbox every day, absolutely adore this in mij phone

mchtt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you, "Sliding Messaging Free" is a killer.