5,595,964 Members 31,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does a CM-based ROM with good pen support exist?

Tip us?

starkruzr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Does a CM-based ROM with good pen support exist?

My phone (running stock, rooted 4.1.2 at the moment) is getting a little unstable, so I am going to wipe and start from scratch. I'd really like to go back to CyanogenMod-based ROMs, but AFAIK the pen support in these is awful -- S Note is no longer there, and there is nothing in the Play Store remotely as good, and all of the useful annotating tricks are missing.

If this is no longer the case, can someone let me know? I am not in the "scene" and there are so many ROMs posted in so many places that I have no idea where to start. Otherwise I think I will probably grab the rooted 4.3 ROM that dropped a couple days ago and try that on for size.

Thanks gang.
+++ATH0

-----------
AT&T 8525 --> iPhone 2.5G --> iPhone 3GS --> Google Nexus One --> T-Mobile G2 --> AT&T Galaxy Note i717 --> Samsung Galaxy Note International N7000 --> T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2

joebloe81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm running the gt-7105 cm10.2 .0 and I have been using the papyrus app in the play store. I'm pretty happy with it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Ducter
Old
Thanks Meter 185
No ROMs based of anything other then tw have the functionally that your looking for in terms of the spen. With that said, you can get some decent apps that make it less painful.

When I run cyan or any other AOSP/AOKP ROMs I install spen launcher along with notebuddy and cm spen add on. That combination will allow a pop up menu when you remove the spen that allows you to have access to your spen apps. As stated papyrus is a good one, gnote found here on xda is another, write and sketchbook, you can backup or extract sketchbook from stock ROMs and it installs fine.
All fear, all pain, all hurt, all grief, all lies, must bow to Jesus' name.