5,600,483 Members 32,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to add note3 keyboard to rooted s4?

Tip us?

MrWicked83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to add note3 keyboard to rooted s4?

So I was using Sacs custom rom. It was great but I was running into a few issues that weren't good for me. I resorted back to a stock MJA rom and recovery. I have added Philz touch back on and rooted.

I would really like to know if anyone knows how to install the note 3 keyboard back onto it which is available in Sacs custom rom. I've tried to run just the .apk but it won't install even after setting it to allow unknown installs.

Is it possible ? I really enjoyed the white instead of black that it is now or maybe there is something a lot more simple that I have missed.

Thanks for any direction people are willing to point me!

MrWicked83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nobody knows? I wish I knew more about roms because like I said the stock white keyboard is available while using sacs v4.3 Anyone out there willing to make it? I've searched all over and can not find a stock keyboard or a way to modify the colors

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
If you can't get the Note 3's keyboard why not try a 3rd party app like SwiftKey from the playstore? They have a white keyboard although not exactly the Note 3's but not bad looking at all.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

MrWicked83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried that one already. I just really like the placement of everything plus having the numbers available without having a long press is great. I have tried lots of the available custom keyboards out there but none stack up to me like the stock one does sadly.

gdwilliams11
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked83 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried that one already. I just really like the placement of everything plus having the numbers available without having a long press is great. I have tried lots of the available custom keyboards out there but none stack up to me like the stock one does sadly.
Did you ever get this figured out MrWicked? I've been searching for the exact same thing.

MrWicked83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sadly no I've searched high and low. Tried what little I know to pick apart the rom to see how he did it. I just can't seem to figure out how to do this simple thing, or at least what I thought would be simple. Apparently it's not.