5,595,428 Members 47,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion] Notification Led very bad, solutions?

Tip us?

Javi22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [Discussion] Notification Led very bad, solutions?

Hello. Since I dont see any complains or posts about notification led, I create this post so we can share our opinions

I mean, our led is weak, not multicolor, it stops blinking after a few minutes, and when it is charging it is useless because does not blink at all (stays red).

The multicolor and weak issue itīs hardware..So I dont think there is any solution (multicolor is very useful, for example to tell apart whatsapp mesage or group, so maybe is more or less urgent..)

But, do you know any solution for "blinking time" issue and the charging issue. I read that Viper Rom has some Mod or something, but I prefer staying in stock for the time being (however, I do have root)

On the other hand, i have tried light flow app, but I do not get the led blinking, it keeps static

Thank you for your help!
HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to Javi22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HtcOneJon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Custom kernels have blink button led lights so the home and back buttons blink , this is excellent.
The Following User Says Thank You to HtcOneJon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galactus
Old
Thanks Meter 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi22 View Post
Hello. Since I dont see any complains or posts about notification led, I create this post so we can share our opinions

I mean, our led is weak, not multicolor, it stops blinking after a few minutes, and when it is charging it is useless because does not blink at all (stays red).

The multicolor and weak issue itīs hardware..So I dont think there is any solution (multicolor is very useful, for example to tell apart whatsapp mesage or group, so maybe is more or less urgent..)

But, do you know any solution for "blinking time" issue and the charging issue. I read that Viper Rom has some Mod or something, but I prefer staying in stock for the time being (however, I do have root)

On the other hand, i have tried light flow app, but I do not get the led blinking, it keeps static

Thank you for your help!
I think some GPE roms let you choose to have blinking led for notifications even when charging and yes, ViperOne lets you specify how long the led should blink for (its set to 60 minutes by default! lol) and you can also turn on led blinking when charging
HTC ONE
Rom: Viper Rom 5.0
Kernel: Stock
Mods: ViPER4Android

The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dvsk69
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Use Light Flow LED app from the play store. It provides an option to set different colors for different notifications.

Sent from my HTC One
HTC One Black / Google Nexus5

Google Nexus10

HTC Desire BRAVO/ HTC One V (Sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to dvsk69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Javi22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtcOneJon View Post
Custom kernels have blink button led lights so the home and back buttons blink , this is excellent.
Really? Haha that's a very strange alternative, I'll take a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I think some GPE roms let you choose to have blinking led for notifications even when charging and yes, ViperOne lets you specify how long the led should blink for (its set to 60 minutes by default! lol) and you can also turn on led blinking when charging

Okey, so that could be a good solution. However I am gonna stay on stock rom until 4.4 goes out, then I surely will try some roms with this tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsk69 View Post
Use Light Flow LED app from the play store. It provides an option to set different colors for different notifications.

Sent from my HTC One
Yeah mate I tried it, it seems to work, even it gets a weird yellow led, but the led stays static, I couldn't get it blinking
HTC One

Anonymoos
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Came from a long line of blackberry's so the LED is probably one of the only things I really miss. You said you're rooted, have a look around in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml or whatever your CID's xml file is:

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item> - change the 5 to 0 and you should get no led timeout.

I also did the following (personal preference, I charge at night using a dock so i like to be able to glance over and see if theres anything waiting when on silent):

<item type="boolean" name="NMS_feature_flashlight_during_charging">fals e</item> - change from false to true and the led will blink for a notification even if it's charging.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anonymoos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nstirton
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Terrible LED is for me the only thing wrong with the One. Real shame. A partial solution for me is to install Dynamic Notifications (free/paid app) which give a Moto X type visual when notifications are received. I set it so the screen goes white instead of black and flashes every minute or so after a notification arrives. Still not ideal but saves relying on the crappy LED!

Javi22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoos View Post
Came from a long line of blackberry's so the LED is probably one of the only things I really miss. You said you're rooted, have a look around in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml or whatever your CID's xml file is:

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item> - change the 5 to 0 and you should get no led timeout.

I also did the following (personal preference, I charge at night using a dock so i like to be able to glance over and see if theres anything waiting when on silent):

<item type="boolean" name="NMS_feature_flashlight_during_charging">fals e</item> - change from false to true and the led will blink for a notification even if it's charging.
Really? That's so awesome. I will wait to arrive home to try that, just in case something goes wrong... But thank you so much, if it works.. That's all I was looking for

So then the only bad thing would be that it still weak and not multicolour. To be honest, is the only bad thing I can found in this amazing phone
HTC One

Anoubis282
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Wink You are wrong i think...

Quote:

Thank you for your help!

Dear friend the all think with the notification led is so wired for me.I bought my one with vodafone branded new with 4.1. something firmware i think.The notification led in that firmware was bright enough no problem at all.With the 4.3 firmware witch i had now the intensity of the notification led has reduced significantly, plus i noticed that if your phone switch of during to battery empty and then you plug it for charging, the notification led opens for 5 seconds as normal as in the previous android versions....then looses its power again....So i think that this is not a hardware problem .
[CURRENT DEVICE] HTC One (ALWAYS HTC PHONE)
[HBOOT] BlackRose 1.55 S-OFF
[ROM] Stock 4.3 5.5 Sense_
[RADIO] Stock
[KERNEL] Official htc

Anonymoos
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Really? That's so awesome. I will wait to arrive home to try that, just in case something goes wrong... But thank you so much, if it works.. That's all I was looking for

So then the only bad thing would be that it still weak and not multicolour. To be honest, is the only bad thing I can found in this amazing phone
Yup, agree about the LED, the green/red is a hardware limitation by HTC so lightflow and other 3rd party apps don't work in changing the colour.

I didn't explain the above fully but let me know if you any issues, will be happy to help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymoos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]