5,595,964 Members 31,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

it's nice to have tablet ui back in 4.2.2, isn't it?

Tip us?

ykkfive
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Default it's nice to have tablet ui back in 4.2.2, isn't it?

yes, i have got my tablet ui back in 4.2.2!!! so annoyed by the new ui

i love the tabletui soooooo much since i saw it about a year ago, then i turned all my s3 (sold) and note2 roms' ui into tablet mode. now, its my tablet z (but i may sell it for the locked bootloader since i want my custom rom and kernel)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	422tabletmode.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	2365071   Click image for larger version

Name:	422tabletmode2.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	2365072   Click image for larger version

Name:	422tabletmode3.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	2365074  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ykkfive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flatnick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How did you do this? I downgraded cause i hate the new top menu in 4.2.2.

Sent from my SGP321 using xda app-developers app

nex86
Old
(Last edited by nex86; 2nd November 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
I'm waiting for this as well o__o
If you tell me how to do it I'd update back to 4.2.2

Spartoi
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I'm also interested in how you got back the old UI. However I noticed the small apps shortcut is missing.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z

SWFlyerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi View Post
I'm also interested in how you got back the old UI. However I noticed the small apps shortcut is missing.

Probably in the recent apps try seeing as though that's where Sony moved it in 4.2.2.

Please share the fountain of your knowledge on how you got this bud
The Following User Says Thank You to SWFlyerUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aid777
Old
Thanks Meter 4
what a tease

ykkfive
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Hi all

I was updating my blog before and included a simplified howto, sorry for late reply.
@Spartoi oh, u r rite. I didnt notice the tray until u mentioned it, coz i just got my tablet for more than a week's time, and then busy to root it, testing the roms and problems fixing

Anyway, its a matter of time when there will be a guy come out with the mod coz like many of you guys, a roll back to phone ui really upset me
However, i have to say goodbye to my tablet z. I love it but it is just not the right device for me. I prepared to work on those missing mods, tweaks etc that i think the tablet z needs and deserve to have before but finally i find myself difficult to live with this tablet for personal reasons

This is a nice tablet actually, but didnt draw much attention as other sony devices
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ykkfive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spartoi
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykkfive View Post
Hi all

I was updating my blog before and included a simplified howto, sorry for late reply.
@Spartoi oh, u r rite. I didnt notice the tray until u mentioned it, coz i just got my tablet for more than a week's time, and then busy to root it, testing the roms and problems fixing

Anyway, its a matter of time when there will be a guy come out with the mod coz like many of you guys, a roll back to phone ui really upset me
However, i have to say goodbye to my tablet z. I love it but it is just not the right device for me. I prepared to work on those missing mods, tweaks etc that i think the tablet z needs and deserve to have before but finally i find myself difficult to live with this tablet for personal reasons

This is a nice tablet actually, but didnt draw much attention as other sony devices
Its shame that you're selling your tablet as it seems you could have made a lot of cool mods for the Tablet Z.

Anyways I noticed in your blog that you will provide a mod to get the Tablet UI back for us less technical users. Will this include a mod for the WiFi version or just the LTE version?

ykkfive
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi View Post
Its shame that you're selling your tablet as it seems you could have made a lot of cool mods for the Tablet Z.

Anyways I noticed in your blog that you will provide a mod to get the Tablet UI back for us less technical users. Will this include a mod for the WiFi version or just the LTE version?

i only have SGP321 10.3.1.A.2.67-1273-0364 on hand. for other versions, i will need the files
The Following User Says Thank You to ykkfive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spartoi
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykkfive View Post
i only have SGP321 10.3.1.A.2.67-1273-0364 on hand. for other versions, i will need the files
Which ones?

Tags
tablet z, tabletui