XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] should I update my modem?

Tip us?

gtaguitar7596
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] should I update my modem?

Can someone please tell me what will happen to my phone if I update my modem to M919UVUEMK2? I've heard some people say everything stops working, I won't be able to root, I can't gain service and I lose WiFi. Then other people have said that everything works they rooted and they have no issues. Can someone tell me their experiences with it and if it is good can you please provide a link for the new modem.

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Use this method to update your baseband: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544612

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Worked for me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1386098469289.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	2431030  

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaguitar7596 View Post
Can someone please tell me what will happen to my phone if I update my modem to M919UVUEMK2? I've heard some people say everything stops working, I won't be able to root, I can't gain service and I lose WiFi. Then other people have said that everything works they rooted and they have no issues. Can someone tell me their experiences with it and if it is good can you please provide a link for the new modem.
First off, ask yourself why you want to update the modem. Are you having problem with current modem? If your phone is working fine don't see a reason unless you just want to.. As for what will happened to your phone depends, should be no problems but you assumed any and all risks when doing anything.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gtaguitar7596
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
Use this method to update your baseband: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544612

does your WiFi and network service work? And is it true that the Knox makes it 100% impossible to unroot to regain the warrenty?

gtaguitar7596
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
First off, ask yourself why you want to update the modem. Are you having problem with current modem? If your phone is working fine don't see a reason unless you just want to.. As for what will happened to your phone depends, should be no problems but you assumed any and all risks when doing anything.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
Like you I am running the wicked ROM but I have been trying to switch over to the Google edition ROM and it doesn't work with my modem. And when Wicked ROM updates to 4.3 I would need the new modem.

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Quote:
does your WiFi and network service work? And is it true that the Knox makes it 100% impossible to unroot to regain the warrenty?
My WiFi and network service works. In my screenshot you can see I'm using the wireless box at my assistant.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
My WiFi and network service works. In my screenshot you can see I'm using the wireless box at my apartment.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Knox shouldn't be an issue. Hasn't been for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lavell7298
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
I'm currently on Wicked v7 ROM and I have the MK2 modem installed on my phone. My mobile signal has improved slightly and my Wi-Fi signal works 100% without any issues. Use the link as posted by Android_Monsters to flash your modem. And yes, at this time Knox makes it impossible to unroot to regain the warranty. But give this forum some time. I'm sure the developers here will figure out a way to bypass Knox.
Samsung T-mobile Galaxy S4 (Rooted)
dbombROM v3.4
UVUFNB4 Modem
KT-SGS4 JB 4.3 kernel 04.07.2014
TWRP Touch Recovery v2.6.3.1

HTC T-mobile Sensation 4G (S-Off, Super CID, Rooted)
CoreDroid Sensation ROM v6.0
Bricked Kernel v1.4 Oc'd to 1.83GHz
4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9
Radio v11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
RIL 4.0.0017HMQ
Firmware v3.33.401.106

T-mobile MMS Fix for Sensations
Easily Update Radios & RIL Files on Sensations
Great Speed & Battery Life with 2 CPU Cores!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lavell7298 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcbofkc
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavell7298 View Post
I'm currently on Wicked v7 ROM and I have the MK2 modem installed on my phone. My mobile signal has improved slightly and my Wi-Fi signal works 100% without any issues. Use the link as posted by Android_Monsters to flash your modem. And yes, at this time Knox makes it impossible to unroot to regain the warranty. But give this forum some time. I'm sure the developers here will figure out a way to bypass Knox.
The developers have already removed KNOX. There are several 4.3 roms ready to go. Official stock with KNOX removed is also out. Install the new modem via ODIN and flash your favoite flavor of 4.3. Simple. No voided warranty.
T-Mobile SDA --> Dash --> Dash 3G --> TP2 --> HD2 --> LG G2x --> Samsung Galaxy SIII --> Samsung Galaxy S4

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

trippster
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Question MK2 not mediafire

Would someone please post a link to the MK2 modem that does not involve mediafire? I can't dl anything from their site. Or just email me the frigging thing. Thanks!