5,600,664 Members 36,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UNCONFIRMED] Potential Root for the Kindle Fire HDX

Tip us?
 
r3pwn
Old
#1  
r3pwn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default [UNCONFIRMED] Potential Root for the Kindle Fire HDX

Hello, all! I do not have a kindle fire hdx and do not plan on getting one, but I want to help out those who DO have one or are planning on getting one. I've been thinking and I was wondering if the hdx was susceptible to the "Master Key" or "Bug 9695860" exploits. To test, please sideload the apk attached below and report back with results. (If the text is all red, that's a good sign)

https://db.tt/3D8rY6iQ

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app

Need help? Hit me up on Twitter or Google+.
 
AwesomeSMS
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 324
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn View Post
Hello, all! I do not have a kindle fire hdx and do not plan on getting one, but I want to help out those who DO have one or are planning on getting one. I've been thinking and I was wondering if the hdx was susceptible to the "Master Key" or "Bug 9695860" exploits. To test, please sideload the apk attached below and report back with results. (If the text is all red, that's a good sign)

https://db.tt/3D8rY6iQ

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app
is this framaroot
 
r3pwn
Old
#3  
r3pwn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSMS View Post
is this framaroot
No. Saurik's "Impactor"

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app

Need help? Hit me up on Twitter or Google+.
 
AwesomeSMS
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 324
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London
oh that guy who did cydia for ios
The Following User Says Thank You to AwesomeSMS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
offroadjoker
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2011
Just tried this on my 7in fire hdx and it says it us patched for bug 9695860.
 
r3pwn
Old
(Last edited by r3pwn; 19th October 2013 at 07:17 PM.)
#6  
r3pwn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjoker View Post
Just tried this on my 7in fire hdx and it says it us patched for bug 9695860.
Is Master Key patched? (The other bug listed is the Master Key bug)

EDIT: Or better yet, just take a screenshot of the app when its open, upload it to dropbox (or alternative) and send me the link in a private message

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app

Need help? Hit me up on Twitter or Google+.
 
AwesomeSMS
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 324
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London
If still doesn't work use framaroot also was adb debugging enabled?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
r3pwn
Old
#8  
r3pwn's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302
Posts: 550
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSMS View Post
If still doesn't work use framaroot also was adb debugging enabled?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Framaroot won't work. No offense, but you should leave everything up to the people who actually know what we are doing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app

Need help? Hit me up on Twitter or Google+.
The Following User Says Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AwesomeSMS
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 324
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn View Post
Framaroot won't work. No offense, but you should leave everything up to the people who actually know what we are doing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app
Haters gonna hate


Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1382347773045.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2339962  
 
ebildude123
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 341
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSMS View Post
Haters gonna hate


Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The maturity level of xda members is declining, for sure.

Sent from my TF300T on CyanogenMod 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
Current Devices
Asus TF300T - CROMBi-kk (4.4), Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0, Kernel: GEASS (#7 - F2FS)
Galaxy S3 - AOSB (4.4), Recovery: Philz Touch 6, Kernel: dkp (02/26 build)
Surface RT - Windows 8.0 RT, Jailbroken

GEASS Kernel - TF300T
Gapps Manager - Application Thread

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ebildude123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes