XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Base 2.2 GAPPS package?

Tip us?

Mineturtle33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default Base 2.2 GAPPS package?

Is there a GAPPS package for android 2.2 that I can slot in any apps that I want into? I would like to start making Custom GAPPS packages for the nook for fun and distribute them.

GMPOWER
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33 View Post
Is there a GAPPS package for android 2.2 that I can slot in any apps that I want into? I would like to start making Custom GAPPS packages for the nook for fun and distribute them.
It isnít as easy as just flashing a gapps package to the factory Nook Color firmware to get access to the play store, and full android experience. I have a package that does it for you located HERE. You can add any app that you would like to the package, and install it. The basic gapps package that is included with that is based off of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi only model P1010, and included needed modified database files to get the Play Store to properly download, and install apps.

As of October 31 2013, the Nook Color with Froyo is dead in the water, as far as the Google Play store is concerned. Google updated to Google Play Services 4.0, and with it killed off the API support for Android 2.2 Froyo. That means that almost all apps being produced or updated since then will not support Froyo, I have a lot of apps that will not update at this time because of this. If you look up Angry Birds on the Play Store website, you will see that the minimum system requirements are Android 2.3 and up.

If thereís anything that I can do to help you out, donít hesitate to ask.

Mineturtle33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Oh alright then. Is there a generic gapps package for 2.3+, that I can slot custom apps into?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk