XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to disable thermal throttling on LG devices

Tip us?

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Default How to disable thermal throttling on LG devices

Open system menu by dialing 3845#*980#, go down the list, find items "High temperature property OFF" and "Thermal mitigation daemon OFF", check them both to Enabled ON state. PROFIT! I don't know maybe the reboot is needed or not. But with thermal mitigation daemon disabled you can achieve as high as 24700 in Antutu and the screen would not dim in hot conditions anymore

And of course don't forget that if you damage your phone somehow by overheating it or shorten you battery capacity its not us to blame. Be a reasonable guy with your hardware

Of course tweak can be applied to any LG Phone, say to E970, for example
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wiser212
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Open system menu by dialing 3845#*980#, go down the list, find items "High temperature property OFF" and "Thermal mitigation daemon OFF", check them both to Enabled ON state. PROFIT! I don't know maybe the reboot is needed or not. But with thermal mitigation daemon disabled you can achieve as high as 24700 in Antutu and the screen would not dim in hot conditions anymore

And of course don't forget that if you damage your phone somehow by overheating it or shorten you battery capacity its not us to blame. Be a reasonable guy with your hardware

So this doesn't increase the cpu speed from 1700 to 1900? How fast will the cpu run to achieve 24000+ score on Antutu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser212 View Post
So this doesn't increase the cpu speed from 1700 to 1900? How fast will the cpu run to achieve 24000+ score on Antutu?
Now, it won't automatically go higher than 1700, it merely will not drop to 1100 or whatever speed stated in thermal.conf in case of matching thermal threshold and just will continue to work on 1700. In fact I don't think it will somehow "damage" SoC, it's just meant to save your hand from holding 50C device while gameplaying
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
and the screen would not dim in hot conditions anymore
Cool, can you personally confirm this?

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr View Post
Cool, can you personally confirm this?
No, can not, I use on 50% brightness so it never get hot and therefor never dim on me
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lessthanzach
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:

Thanks for this! Always wondered why this phone stayed so cool. Benchmarks are higher, games run smoother and so far it looks like the occasional but horrible home screen lag I get while using live wallpaper (any launcher) seems to be gone so far.
I'm cautiously optimistic that this will fix the lag, but I'm sure you're right, it seems like the phone randomly idles some cores causing the lag. Hopefully we see some custom kernels for this device soon.
Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Go Here and make a difference!

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Task650 AOKP'd Galaxy SIII

Hit my "Thanks" if I helped you

lessthanzach
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Notice in the last screen shot how Antutu usually warms the phone up to the point where it only runs at 1.1 ghz. Also in quadrant, I'd get anywhere between 11000 and 8000 in testing, now it is consistently in the 12000 range. Awesome!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369594297859.jpg
Views:	2031
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1993294   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369594307755.jpg
Views:	1837
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1993295   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369594321998.jpg
Views:	1718
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1993296  

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Dxtra
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Working great so far thanks for the tip.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

cleankutazn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you much!!!! how come it still says off when I check the hidden menu again? but when I try to enable it, it's shows on I did do the benchmark again and it gets 24000

lessthanzach
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleankutazn View Post
Thank you much!!!! how come it still says off when I check the hidden menu again? but when I try to enable it, it's shows on I did do the benchmark again and it gets 24000
Because the setting is to turn off the thermal control. So by checking the box to on you are turning it off. It will always say off, as long as the box is set to on then it is working.

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Tags
overheating, thermal throttling, throttling