XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to relock bootloader?

Tip us?

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to relock bootloader?

Hello! I need to get my E975 back on warranty, what is the way to relock bootloader again?

dalmm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Install Kdz..

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

sunyakram
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantu View Post
Hello! I need to get my E975 back on warranty, what is the way to relock bootloader again?
Your answer is in FAQ #3 go here
give me one thanks coz you have 8
best battery saver greenifyroot

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmm View Post
Install Kdz..

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
You mean i can use KDZ Flasher in Fastboot mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyakram View Post
Your answer is in FAQ #3 go here
There are 3 options, but aren't they for other Optimus versions than E975? Which do you prefer?

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The thing is i can't go download mode cause i already have unlocked bootloader and it gets me to fastboot mode. I unlocked it with Freegee but the backup is gone. Is there any possibility to lock bootloader? The phone is fully working, only thing is yellow tints on screen and i wanted to get it back on warranty.

sunyakram
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
You mean i can use KDZ Flasher in Fastboot mode?

There are 3 options, but aren't they for other Optimus versions than E975? Which do you prefer?
1st why you returning it back? 2nd i don't know too much about veriant compatibility so its batter to post there if you cant find satisfied solution here

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote:
The thing is i can't go download mode cause i already have unlocked bootloader and it gets me to fastboot mode. I unlocked it with Freegee but the backup is gone. Is there any possibility to lock bootloader? The phone is fully working, only thing is yellow tints on screen and i wanted to get it back on warranty.
I read somewhere about these yellow tints are not a big issue thay appear and disappears after some days without any repairing, (correct me if i am wrong)

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyakram;48385401[COLOR="Silver"

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I read somewhere about these yellow tints are not a big issue thay appear and disappears after some days without any repairing, (correct me if i am wrong)
It can be true. I bought it used in my country from some shop. I think they have replaced the screen with new one. I talked with the shop owner and he told me that he checked the screen before sending me and it was ok, but if i want i can send them phone back so they will replace it with new one(but he didn't tell me that it was replaced already at all). But now i'm in trouble and i don't know if i can lock bootloader without EFS Backup :/ If u have any ideas, tell me please.

sunyakram
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
It can be true. I bought it used in my country from some shop. I think they have replaced the screen with new one. I talked with the shop owner and he told me that he checked the screen before sending me and it was ok, but if i want i can send them phone back so they will replace it with new one(but he didn't tell me that it was replaced already at all). But now i'm in trouble and i don't know if i can lock bootloader without EFS Backup :/ If u have any ideas, tell me please.
If you bought it from shop so don't worry about unlocked.unlocking doesn't effect screen.

Avantu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyakram View Post
If you bought it from shop so don't worry about unlocked.unlocking doesn't effect screen.
Maybe, but he wrote on his warantee card that changing firmware void the warantee. So if i send him the phone back, i don't think he will want to replace screen with new one(which is quite expenisve) when he will see europe open firmware(i had brand before) with bootloader unlocked... i will just lost money sending him phone.

About yellow tints, i heard that iphones had similar problem, it was caused by glue between screen and digitizer or somewhere else, and tints disappeared after few days of using, but i can't tell if my LG will be the same.

kimitza
Old
Thanks Meter 571

DONATE TO ME
use kdz updater and that's it. flash the original firmware the phone came with.it takes 5 minutes.

Smart phones, dumb people!!!
Freaking Annoying Questions (aka FAQ)- LG Optimus G(Intl)
MOD STOCK ROM WITH XPOSED FRAMEWORK
I don't offer support via PM. At least,not for free. Time=money.