XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] n900v - Tmobile Sim - Cant get service

Tip us?

JenovaImproved
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] n900v - Tmobile Sim - Cant get service

Hi guys, really hoping you can help me out here.

I have a n900v and i have a tmobile sim in it (metroPCS, but same thing now). I've seen several threads here saying guys put in their metro or tmobile sim and voice/text worked right off the bat. The same is not true for me. I have put in my sim and tried several different tmobile APN settings (ones specifically for the Note 3 on tmobile, and then the one my S3 currently uses) and nothing works. I looked for a tmobile note 3 radio to flash thinking that would work but i dont even see a radios thread in the n900t forums. I even flashed the hyperdrive rom hoping that would open me up.

Can anyone tell me how to get this phone on the tmobile network?

s3xda
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenovaImproved View Post
Hi guys, really hoping you can help me out here.

I have a n900v and i have a tmobile sim in it (metroPCS, but same thing now). I've seen several threads here saying guys put in their metro or tmobile sim and voice/text worked right off the bat. The same is not true for me. I have put in my sim and tried several different tmobile APN settings (ones specifically for the Note 3 on tmobile, and then the one my S3 currently uses) and nothing works. I looked for a tmobile note 3 radio to flash thinking that would work but i dont even see a radios thread in the n900t forums. I even flashed the hyperdrive rom hoping that would open me up.

Can anyone tell me how to get this phone on the tmobile network?
pretty sure u would have to get metro to first add the IMEI to their database before the sim could work

JenovaImproved
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3xda View Post
pretty sure u would have to get metro to first add the IMEI to their database before the sim could work
I just called and gave them the IMEI to add to the DB, they said it wasnt listed in their inventory and may need to be unlocked. But i dont get a sim unlock prompt on the phone and every post says these come unlocked.. I have a feeling it's the radio that i need. Does anyone have a recovery or odin flashable tmobile modem?

JenovaImproved
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tmobile rom didnt fix either

Just safestrapped a stock tmobile rom and it didnt help. Guess it didnt include the modem. I need to find some firmware to extract it from.

slowz3r
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenovaImproved View Post
Just safestrapped a stock tmobile rom and it didnt help. Guess it didnt include the modem. I need to find some firmware to extract it from.
There are some threads in dev i believe that are flashable modems