[Q] Galaxy Tab P1010 WIFI - SoC, Toolchain and GPU drivers

Tip us?

adreno2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Tab P1010 WIFI - SoC, Toolchain and GPU drivers

Hi,

I'm new to Android development, I own an old GT-P1010 tablet and would like to experiment with building a newer kernel and Android stack for it.

The tablet has a Cortex A8 CPU, however it usually comes integrated into an SoC which remains unknown to me. Any ideas on what it might be?

What toolchain (gcc-based) should I use to build a stack such as CM9 or AOSP?

Finally, do you guys know what GPU the P1010 has integrated? Is it the Adreno 200? Is there a kernel driver/patches out there for the said GPU and corresponding to the userspace GL|ES libraries?

Cheers,

adreno2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adreno2 View Post
Hi,

I'm new to Android development, I own an old GT-P1010 tablet and would like to experiment with building a newer kernel and Android stack for it.

The tablet has a Cortex A8 CPU, however it usually comes integrated into an SoC which remains unknown to me. Any ideas on what it might be?

What toolchain (gcc-based) should I use to build a stack such as CM9 or AOSP?

Finally, do you guys know what GPU the P1010 has integrated? Is it the Adreno 200? Is there a kernel driver/patches out there for the said GPU and corresponding to the userspace GL|ES libraries?

Cheers,
A bit of investigation tells that's based on a TI's OMAP3 SoC and has a PowerVR SGX530 for 3D h/w acceleration.