Flash this at your own risk. This has been tested THOROUGHLY on my own SGS4. It works. Follow my instructions and you'll flash it just fine.I am NOT responsible for what you choose to flash on your phone. If your phone turns into a Gremlin and tries to eat you, you have been WARNED!!!!
NOTE: Please don't PM me for support. (1) It's rude. (2) Posting an issue or problem in this thread allows many users to look at it and offer advice on a possible solution. (3) Sending a PM does not allow other members of XDA to search for whatever problem and/or solution that is derived from the post in the thread.
If you PM me for support I will automatically ignore you. Thank you and I hope you understand.
With that little bit out of the way:
This is for all who want a Deodexed version of the stock 4.3 MK2 ROM with some performance boost and battery savings. The best of both worlds.
You MUST be on the MK2 or NAE modem when running this ROM. If not WiFi will be broken. Visit unknownforce's thread here to flash it.
These people deserve their own section in the OP and I thank them very much:
- "Love this rom! Definitely my daily stock(ish) is the way to go. Thanks for all the hard work and giving us a good base to do our own thing with. Never liked rabbits before but I do now"
- "This rom has been the best when it comes to battery life in my personal experience coming from an all stock MJA w/ root to Mk2. No settings changed. I started to greenify some system apps as well."
- "Thanks tons, very good Stock(ish) experience. Love the debloat and the added features."
- "Awesome! Love this ROM, I was using a few others and kept debating going back to stock with root. THIS is exactly what I had in mind, stock experience so everything runs smooth plus a tweak here or there to improve battery life and allow personal customization. Keep up the great work!"
- "This ROM is super fast and battery efficient out of the box. Thanks raw!"
- AROMA installer for Philz 6.12+ compatibility.
- Tweaked file system (/cache /data /system) on install with tune2fs.
- intergrated Adobe Air and Adobe Flash into this ROM. No need to install them manually
- Pie control. Get an AOSP feel on a TW ROM.
- XHalo (paranoid android style) popup windows for notifications.
- 6 choices of TW Launcher sizes in AROMA (made by yours truly)
- Added the following xposed modules:
- Network speed indicator
- Youtube adaway
- Pie control (see above)
- X-volume (add more steps to your volume slider)
- X-halo floating windows
- Added the following widgets
- Android weather widget
- Dolphin Bookmark widget
- WIFiHotspot Toggle.
- Hotspot mod.
- 4-in-1 reboot menu.
- KT-SGS4 custom kernel.
- Wanam Xposed 2.5.1 and Xposed installer.
- Sony Bravia imaging engine and Bravia image engine movie patch. The same awesome images you get with pictures will now be applied to movies!
- X-Reality imaging engine
- Forced GPU rendering.
- Disabled Increasing Ringtone.
- Disabled Input Notification.
- More power saver tweaks.
- Improved UI responsiveness.
- Disabled USB debugging notification.
- Removed app checks (JNI).
- Improved Network (WiFi/Mobile) performance.
- Improved maximum JPEG quality.
- Improved earpiece audio.
- Full WiFi channels tweak.
- Disabled screen on when unplugged.
- Disabled loud volume warning.
- Enabled 4-way screen rotation.
- Flashlight quicksetting button.
- Edited /system/lib/egl and removed libGLES_android.so for better 2d performance.
- Two premade KTweaker settings (1) Turbo for performance and (2) Low Gear for battery life. (see installation notes for download links)
- Enabled lockscreen rotation.
- Added Greenify by request
- Enabled 4-way lockscreen rotation.
- Disabled wake when charged notification.
- Remounted ext4 partition (if you have one) and ALL OTHER partitions to noatime (more speed).
- Turbo Z-RAM!!! pre-configured to run with 512 x 4 = 2048 100% swappiness. Can be changed through the app.
- Native ad-blocking. You can NOT use Adaway or AdFree or any other ad-blocker with this ROM. See installation notes below for details on updating the native host file.
- There are NO firmware updates in this. This includes the removal of Knox Bootloader. This is simply the ROM and the stock kernel.
- Fixed an odd problem with Story Album force closing.
- Fixed an issue with WiFi not saving passwords between boots.
- init.d support for any kernel even the default kernel.
- Unlocked custom boot animation. You can now place whatever bootanimation.zip you like in /system/media.
- Viper4Android 188.8.131.52 Sound mod.
- Fixed Google Wallet NFC insecure issue for MK2 De-odexed ROMs.
- PurePerformances™X and Fly-on Engine (which includes crossbreeder) both of these provide amazing performance boosts on even the stock kernel..
- Additional battery tweaks, network TCP tweaks, and zip-align on boot.
- ES File explorer.
- Dolphin browser and Dolphin jetpack which supports flash and is the fastest browser out there. Give it a try. Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 available here.
- Removed Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, Sprint Worldwide apps. (I think we can all agree those had to go).
- Removed My Files file explorer.
- Removed Samsung Hub, Samsung Link, Trip Advisor.
- Removed Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies and TV, and Google Play Music.
- Removed Yahoo News, Yahoo Stock.
- KT-SGS4 for MJA release 12.12.13 has been confirmed working with this ROM. It's safe to flash it. You can find Ktoonsez's kernel here.
- If you want more space on your homescreen please visit my thread here: [MOD] 4x5 TouchWiz Launcher (continued for MJA/MK2)
This was flashed using Philz Recovery 6.18.7. You can get it here.
Flashable zips for fixes:
V05_Performance_Fix.zip - flash this if you feel v05 is a little sluggish. It should behave more like v04.
Aldiko hw fix for v04.zip - flash this to fix an incompatibility problem with Aldiko e-reader in v04.
Conflicting init.d fix.zip - Flash this to fix a conflict in init.d scripts in v04 that caused the device to run slower than anticipated.
Google Wallet Fix_v01.zip - This is for V01 only! If you have a later release it's included.
stock(ish)_hotspot_fix_for-v02.zip - Flash this to fix the broken WiFi hotspot in stock(ish)v02
To install this ROM follow these instructions EXACTLY:
- Boot into Philz recovery
- Select "Wipe Data/Factory reset"
- Select "Clean to Install a New Rom"
- Select "Yes I will install a new ROM".
- Do the above twice.
- Select Power Options in Philz
- Reboot Recovery.
- Then flash this ROM.
NOTE: Clean wipe twice. Some users have reported force closes when this installs. I have wiped twice every time and have yet to have any force close issues upon installing.