5,597,542 Members 31,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Fonepad Battery Drain in Standby due to Cell Radio(Experts pls Help)

Tip us?

akshmail
Old
(Last edited by akshmail; 5th October 2013 at 06:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Asus Fonepad Battery Drain in Standby due to Cell Radio(Experts pls Help)

Hello Experts,

I recently purchased this Tablet cum Phone Device (Asus Fonepad) in India. I found this device very impressive with decent battery backup along with great standby time. Everything was allright. In morning I found heavy battery draing during standby.
Next day I uninstalled that Black market application and Uninstalled Exdialer with all downloaded themes. I got full signals and everything was working fine. But the Battery Drian in standby remain same. I observed the situation till next two days. I serached to forums and did following things:
1. I made factory reset to my fonepad. which was haviing 4.1.2 Android after updating through OTA. Which remains same after Reset.
2. I didnt install any other applation
3. I turned of all battery comsuming services like GPS/ Location reporting/ Data/ Wifi/ Uninstalled Google Play Service Updates etc
4. Installed Wakelock detector, Better Battery Stats etc All are showing that phone goes in deep sleep no prblem but Wakelock detector show that Cell Radio wakes up so much time when phone is on sleep mode. Default Battery monitor of Android Showing "Mobile Data" as most battery comsumer.

One thing I want to mention here the device is supportive to mini sim only. I was not having mini sim so I went to market and mobile shop keeper cutted my Sim to adjust into that slot and it woked. I was using same sim from Day first. It's Vodafone INDIA.

I googled the issue but no luck to find the solution. I have not rooted nor flashed anything from my fonepad.
I am reached to the conclusion that There is some problem with Exdialer installation and applying new/old theme combination to it which made me device with no signal. And now The Cell Radio has been changed which is attempting to achive something in standby mode. Which is causing heavy battery Drain. Standby time is reduced to almost 15-16 Hrous

Experts Please give attension and please help me as I am very helpless this time and hoping a solution to th problem.
Thanks in advance.
Asus Fonepad
1.2 GHz, 8 GB

akshmail
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
129 views and No reply from anyone.
Well I have made enogh RND now, I got the conclusion my motherboard has some fault, I am planning to go Service centre.
Asus Fonepad
1.2 GHz, 8 GB

paul_ro21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi ,

I had the same battery drain problem followed by the tablet not charging when completely drained. Called Asus support and they arranged to pick up the tablet. It was sent to Asus Czech Republic for repairs. This was one month ago. I called to see the status of the repair and they told me that they are still waiting for spare parts, as they have to replace the battery and the motherboard. Therefore I am still waiting
I think Asus has a general problem with the Fonepads as the web is full of the same complaints.

sangalaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshmail View Post
Hello Experts,

I recently purchased this Tablet cum Phone Device (Asus Fonepad) in India. I found this device very impressive with decent battery backup along with great standby time. Everything was allright. I installed ExDialer on this device that was free version. After using 7days ExDialer prompt me to purchased pro version. I didn't purchased it but I went to some black market applications to find pro version free. I got that I installed pro version, It worked perfect then I searched few themes on Market, I installed free version of themes to it, but when I applied themes to Exdialer I got message that Themes are not supporting this version. I switched to default theme but I noticed that my Tablet(Fonepad) lost the signals. I tried to reinsert the Sim card but no luck. I left it as it is and went to sleep(Bed). In morning I found heavy battery draing during standby.
Next day I uninstalled that Black market application and Uninstalled Exdialer with all downloaded themes. I got full signals and everything was working fine. But the Battery Drian in standby remain same. I observed the situation till next two days. I serached to forums and did following things:
1. I made factory reset to my fonepad. which was haviing 4.1.2 Android after updating through OTA. Which remains same after Reset.
2. I didnt install any other applation
3. I turned of all battery comsuming services like GPS/ Location reporting/ Data/ Wifi/ Uninstalled Google Play Service Updates etc
4. Installed Wakelock detector, Better Battery Stats etc All are showing that phone goes in deep sleep no prblem but Wakelock detector show that Cell Radio wakes up so much time when phone is on sleep mode. Default Battery monitor of Android Showing "Mobile Data" as most battery comsumer.

One thing I want to mention here the device is supportive to mini sim only. I was not having mini sim so I went to market and mobile shop keeper cutted my Sim to adjust into that slot and it woked. I was using same sim from Day first. It's Vodafone INDIA.

I googled the issue but no luck to find the solution. I have not rooted nor flashed anything from my fonepad.
I am reached to the conclusion that There is some problem with Exdialer installation and applying new/old theme combination to it which made me device with no signal. And now The Cell Radio has been changed which is attempting to achive something in standby mode. Which is causing heavy battery Drain. Standby time is reduced to almost 15-16 Hrous

Experts Please give attension and please help me as I am very helpless this time and hoping a solution to th problem.
Thanks in advance.
cell radio means your network so if it is turned off there will be no network
and check in settings prefer 2g than 3g
3g consumes a lot battery than the 2g network
Learning

akshmail
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangalaxy View Post
cell radio means your network so if it is turned off there will be no network
and check in settings prefer 2g than 3g
3g consumes a lot battery than the 2g network
I tested with Airplane mode and even without Sim card. Actually it seems to be a herware related issue not s/w related.
I have tested 2g/3g switch already but no difference found. Actually after purchasing I used it wihtout problem few days(with 3G settings /Wifi /GPS on) it was giving awesome backup. So I am planning to go service centre coming monday. Will update you after getting responce from Asus.
Thanks for your opinion.
Asus Fonepad
1.2 GHz, 8 GB

scotyard
Old
Thanks Meter 0
any update?