XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Merge multiple Viber messages databases in Samsung Captivate

Tip us?

rodogg88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Merge multiple Viber messages databases in Samsung Captivate

Hey all, i dont know if this is possible but I flashed my captivate and before i could restore the data with titanium backup, i got a flurry of messages from my viber friends. basically, if i restore the backup now, i lose the new messages and without restoring, i cant have my old messages in the history.

is it possible to merge the viber_messages file on the captivate with the one from the backup? maybe in a sql manager or somthing? i'm sorry but i dont know sql but was wondering if it could work?

thanks

Wolgast1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodogg88 View Post
Hey all, i dont know if this is possible but I flashed my captivate and before i could restore the data with titanium backup, i got a flurry of messages from my viber friends. basically, if i restore the backup now, i lose the new messages and without restoring, i cant have my old messages in the history.

is it possible to merge the viber_messages file on the captivate with the one from the backup? maybe in a sql manager or somthing? i'm sorry but i dont know sql but was wondering if it could work?

thanks

hello.. I think it will not work, because when I tried that, it require me to do a data wipe, so you will lose all your messaging hisotry then on your viber,

rodogg88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolgast1 View Post
hello.. I think it will not work, because when I tried that, it require me to do a data wipe, so you will lose all your messaging hisotry then on your viber,
really? you sure you didnt do something to your phone's OS? the only time i hear about data wipe is when loading a new OS