XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM on TF701

Tip us?

JamZo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] CM on TF701

The only thing stopping me from buying a TF701 is some kind of confirmation that someone will port CM to it. I keep searching the thread and I haven't seen anyone saying they will do so, the only rom I have seen notice of is cromi-x.

Did anyone see somewhere else a confirmation that it will get CM, even if it is not an offical port?

Thanks!

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamZo View Post
The only thing stopping me from buying a TF701 is some kind of confirmation that someone will port CM to it. I keep searching the thread and I haven't seen anyone saying they will do so, the only rom I have seen notice of is cromi-x.

Did anyone see somewhere else a confirmation that it will get CM, even if it is not an offical port?

Thanks!
It is simply too new for it now.
Tablets that are delivered suffer from the bad connection issue so overall most of current users (me too) won't even have it unlocked to be sure the warranty can kick in when necsessary.
1 x ONE M8 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

zonyl
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001 View Post
It is simply too new for it now.
Tablets that are delivered suffer from the bad connection issue so overall most of current users (me too) won't even have it unlocked to be sure the warranty can kick in when necsessary.
Exactly this

JamZo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes I read the reviews for the dock and I know many people are having problems. Frankly the dock is not very interesting to me, the TF701 is just the most affordable tablet with all top specs right now. I've been rocking a HP touchpad with CM since CM9 so I think I deserve a little upgrade

In fact it looks like the Asus UI is pretty much stock android (nothing like touchwiz or sense) and considering the few differences between 4.3 and 4.4 on tablet i might not root or flash roms (once that's possible) on my TF701 for a while.

Where I am more concerned is for the long run, OEMs rarely update their devices past 2 android version updates, so if there is no support for CM for the TF701 then it means the tablet will probably not be getting Lollypop and Marzipian etc

JamZo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes I read the reviews for the dock and I know many people are having problems. Frankly the dock is not very interesting to me, the TF701 is just the most affordable tablet with all top specs right now. I've been rocking a HP touchpad with CM since CM9 so I think I deserve a little upgrade

In fact it looks like the Asus UI is pretty much stock android (nothing like touchwiz or sense) and considering the few differences between 4.3 and 4.4 on tablet i might not root or flash roms (once that's possible) on my TF701 for a while.

Where I am more concerned is for the long run, OEMs rarely update their devices past 2 android version updates, so if there is no support for CM for the TF701 then it means the tablet will probably not be getting Lollypop and Marzipian etc