[Q] Asus TF101 ; encryption not working on KatKiss

Tip us?

fnd0001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Asus TF101 ; encryption not working on KatKiss

Hello

I have just applied the latest KatKiss install to my tf101 and it looks great.
I need to encrypt my tf101 (to get work emails, the tablet needs to be encrypted before our IT would allow it to be hooked up to the work network.).
I have very few apps running, so not much space used. I tried to encrypt and have left it overnight, and all I get is the black screen and the android logo, and the system does not get encrypted.

I can reboot, and it will come up but unencrypted. I have cleared the cache and Devlik cache as suggested in one of the replies in the forum.

I have previously managed to encrypt using ICS with no issues.

I am at a loss, and was wondering if anyone can think of any suggestions, it is greatly appreciated. Thx

fnd0001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What Rom would you recommend that is based on Jellybean and has encryption working?

larryka
Old
(Last edited by larryka; 9th September 2013 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
FWIW, I installed KatKiss 4.3_020 (coming from the stock ROM) yesterday and see the same behavior when I try to encrypt my TF101.

clr_photo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Have you found a solution

I am having the same problem and have not found a solution and was wondering what you have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnd0001 View Post
Hello

I have just applied the latest KatKiss install to my tf101 and it looks great.
I need to encrypt my tf101 (to get work emails, the tablet needs to be encrypted before our IT would allow it to be hooked up to the work network.).
I have very few apps running, so not much space used. I tried to encrypt and have left it overnight, and all I get is the black screen and the android logo, and the system does not get encrypted.

I can reboot, and it will come up but unencrypted. I have cleared the cache and Devlik cache as suggested in one of the replies in the forum.

I have previously managed to encrypt using ICS with no issues.

I am at a loss, and was wondering if anyone can think of any suggestions, it is greatly appreciated. Thx
Tags
encryptio, katkiss, tf101