5,600,335 Members 35,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Retarded File Transfer? Mass Storage Capabilities

Tip us?

KooladeKC
Old
(Last edited by KooladeKC; 11th December 2013 at 10:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Retarded File Transfer? Mass Storage Capabilities

I recently got an E4GT, and it for several months, i'd been running custom ROM's etc, all of which were Jelly Bean roms on 4.2.1+. However, while using stock on this replacement phone, I've run into the problem that there's no way to transfer files on this phone anymore. When I connect the phone, there's an option to switch between MTP and PTP, which USED to be fine because I could actually transfer files, however with this phone and update, I try to move music, pictures, docx, pdf's etc and nothing works. All I see is empty file folders.

How can I transfer files again???

This is what I get when I try to move a folder

This is what I get when I actually open the folder

Now, I understand why USB Mass Storage was changed to MTP/PTP, however what I don't understand is why this was added if it wasn't going to work?? And since it doesn't work, how can I transfer my files so that they do work?

trojanv
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Have you tried rebooting your computer then seeing if it works.

Ir if you have a memory card just pull it out and put in the computer to transfer your files for temporary fix.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18853

DONATE TO ME
Try using the AIO mod, or a custom TouchWiz ROM with it included (almost all of the GB27 ROMs have it). This problem was fixed a long time ago.