5,598,397 Members 48,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

First flashing steps..specific questions inside. Need help. Thanks

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 5th December 2013 at 10:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Default First flashing steps..specific questions inside. Need help. Thanks

Hello!
So here I go...first trying to root so I need to go back to 532 BUT I cant find one for the C6802 and USA. Even the one in the link that says TW is a dead link.

Wondering if flashing the [STOCK ROM] [FTF] Xperia Z Ultra (C6806) 14.1.B.1.532 "US Retail" is a bad idea.

I am sure I will have more Qs after this one but this one already got me stuck right off the bat
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=c6802

PS I found one for HK C6802_14.1.B.1.532_HK.ftf maybe that works?

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5440
Yo!

It doesn't really matter which version you pick. It'll work as usual. And yes, the HK version will work fine, but it might boot up with chinese language. I'm not really sure. Or you can flash the european version for the C6833.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Ok I also downloaded the C6806 US version but I can use that C6833 European version if you think is a better idea.
I think I can try what I have no harm done, then try another one if that one did not work fine. Right?

"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Ok I also downloaded the C6806 US version but I can use that C6833 European version if you think is a better idea.
I think I can try what I have no harm done, then try another one if that one did not work fine. Right?
Yeah, whatever you feel like doing You're only downgrading to root, so after you've changed the CDA and gottten the OTA update, you'll end up with a german firmware (unless you find a different CDA that has OTA). Either way, just do whatever you want. If it doesn't boot or the ROM is wonky, it'll only take you a couple of mintues to flash a different ROM.

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 6th December 2013 at 12:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Ok so finally ready to try the firmware. I see stuff like Partition, TA etc on the flash tool. I dont see anything instructions to check any of those so I assume I am good to go, right?
Also, when setting the phone in flashmode there is no icon to indicate you are in that mode?
If I understood correctly the whole back up TA thing or you will lose it only happens if I unlock the bootloader so I think I am fine not checking any of those option to exclude but better safe than sorry.

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5440
Quote:
Ok so finally ready to try the firmware. I see stuff like Partition, TA etc on the flash tool. I dont see anything instructions to check any of those so I assume I am good to go, right?
Also, when setting the phone in flashmode there is no icon to indicate you are in that mode?
If I understood correctly the whole back up TA thing or you will lose it only happens if I unlock the bootloader so I think I am fine not checking any of those option to exclude but better safe than sorry.
Don't worry about your TA partition unless you're going to unlock the bootloader. It's safe, and flashtool won't and can't delete it. The only options you might be interested in is wiping of data, appdata etc. so untick those if you don't want to delete everything on your phone (but it's brand new, so my guess is that you don't have that much on it right now)

There are no icons or any signs when you're in flash mode. Flashtool will tell you that you're connected through flashmode and that's that

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabre31
Old
Thanks Meter 87
What happens if you lose your TA partition? I never backed it up as I had no root and I did do a bootloader unlock via Sony site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 6th December 2013 at 01:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Don't worry about your TA partition unless you're going to unlock the bootloader. It's safe, and flashtool won't and can't delete it. The only options you might be interested in is wiping of data, appdata etc. so untick those if you don't want to delete everything on your phone (but it's brand new, so my guess is that you don't have that much on it right now)

There are no icons or any signs when you're in flash mode. Flashtool will tell you that you're connected through flashmode and that's that
Thanks. mmm having issues with not installing the drivers.
Gonna try restarting. Still wont install drivers when I tried flashmode...all I see is the S1 Service with the yellow warning icon under Device Manager. Tried with the drivers from the Flashtool folder and nothing. :/

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre31 View Post
What happens if you lose your TA partition? I never backed it up as I had no root and I did do a bootloader unlock via Sony site.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Once you flash a stock ROM again, X-Reality won't work, and that's about it.

Quote:
Thanks. mmm having issues with not installing the drivers.
Gonna try restarting.
Are you running Win7 or Win8? Win8 has some issues with installing drivers if i remember correctly, and you have to disable "something something drivers", or boot up in safe mode or something. I'm not sure as you can clearly tell

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 6th December 2013 at 01:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Sorry should have said that. Actually is Windows 7 64 bits. tried many usb ports too.

FINALLY! LOL
I was installing the Ultra dirver when I should have been selecting Flashmode and fastboot from the list! LOL

Looks like I got a tool here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460