5,598,938 Members 31,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to the 2013 Nexus 7, and looking for a specific ROM.

Tip us?

Jamesyboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Default [Q] New to the 2013 Nexus 7, and looking for a specific ROM.

I come from a long-line of confused people--and since my device history excludes the most desirable devices, ROM selection has never been an issue. Due to the excellent torrent of choice, it'll take months for me to test all of the ROMs and Kernels. I'm not too picky, and the ROM names and thread titles aren't too explanatory.

It's always nice to have options--you never know when you might need that 1 option some day...so, can you guys help a geek out and point me towards a ROM that's über customizable? Preferably one that's reasonably active and has Theme Chooser?

Don't despise me for my freshness too much. Yes, I have spent a ton of time looking over the feature lists, and screenshots. But some projects seem to be a staple, as well. Feature lists for those might very well be buried under months and months of change logs.

I promise I've done my due diligence.
Phone: SGH-i337 (AT&T Galaxy Note S4) on AT&T - MK2 - Safe Strapped and Rooted - Looking For ROMs

Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 (ASUS Nexus 7 FHD) Wi-Fi Only - SlimKAT Nightlies (Anxiously Awaiting PAC's Move to 4.4xx)

**~I "I like my women like I like my coffee-- in a burlap sack, on the back of a Bolivian donkey." -- The most interesting man in the world. -- 2013 ~**

mbamberg
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesyboy View Post
I come from a long-line of confused people--and since my device history excludes the most desirable devices, ROM selection has never been an issue. Due to the excellent torrent of choice, it'll take months for me to test all of the ROMs and Kernels. I'm not too picky, and the ROM names and thread titles aren't too explanatory.

It's always nice to have options--you never know when you might need that 1 option some day...so, can you guys help a geek out and point me towards a ROM that's über customizable? Preferably one that's reasonably active and has Theme Chooser?

Don't despise me for my freshness too much. Yes, I have spent a ton of time looking over the feature lists, and screenshots. But some projects seem to be a staple, as well. Feature lists for those might very well be buried under months and months of change logs.

I promise I've done my due diligence.
It doesn't have Theme Chooser, but I've been using CleanROM 2.6 with the ElementalX kernal. Very stable, well supported, and Scott's the best at keeping it updated (even when Google puts out two updates in less than a week!)

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to mbamberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]