5,596,354 Members 38,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Work Around With Facebook Lag

Tip us?

omegahanggara
Old
(Last edited by omegahanggara; 19th November 2013 at 09:44 AM.) Reason: Edited: Additional steps it you're using Greenify Donated Package
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default [How To] Work Around With Facebook Lag

Hey, mate. Let me tell you my trick to solve this issue.

Facebook apps need a lot of resource, both Processor and RAM. Since the app will render image, JavaScript, and HTML 5. Our device is low-end-device which is having bad Processor and Memory (RAM). To solve this issue, we need to give a lot of free space of RAM and Processor.

NOTE: We can't do much things to solve the App, but we can manage Processor and Memory consumption
I usually using greenify at this point.

Skip * steps if you're using greenify free version

1. Install Greenify(Free version is OK though)
2. Install SuperSU. I recommend this app if you having issue the apps are not hibernated automatically when the device is entering sleep mode.
* 3. Install Xposed Installer
4. (skip this step if you already have superSU) Open SuperSU, then update SU binary through CWM - the phone will reboot to recovery and updating SU binary automatically
* 5. Open Xposed Installer - Choose Framework - Choose Install / Update
* 6. Reboot
* 7. Open Xposed Installer - Choose Modules - Check Greenify
* 8. Reboot
9. Open Greenify - Tap on + Icon
10. Choose any apps you want to hibernate

* TIPS *
- If you using Hangouts with SMS / MMS feature, don't greenify this app. Otherwise, you won't get any notification when new SMS is arrived.
- Don't greenify (hibernate) Instant Messaging like WhatsApp, LINE, etc. BBM using a lot of RAM, you can greenify this app to get rid of lag.

11. When you're done with those apps, tap option button (Letf soft key from "HOME" hard key) - Still in greenify
12. Choose Experimental features
13. Check boost mode
14. Check Keep Notifications
15. Check Wake-up Tracker & Cutoff
16. Check Block App State Abuse

Don't wory with dark options, those option are only available on Donation Package. That's it, and you are done.

NB:
- I don't care if I can't receive notification from Facebook immediately. I'd rather keep my phone cold, calm, and my battery is save.
- If you like Greenify App, Please Buy Donation Package on Google Play
"It is not the size of the sword... It is how you use it!!!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omegahanggara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

honeyx
Old
Thanks Meter 893
You donīt need Xposed if you are just using the free version of Greenify.

You only need it when you are willing to use the paid donation version to greenify system apps too. So you tutorial is either not complete or you skipped this information for some reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omegahanggara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyx View Post
You donīt need Xposed if you are just using the free version of Greenify.

You only need it when you are willing to use the paid donation version to greenify system apps too. So you tutorial is either not complete or you skipped this information for some reason.
Edited. Thanks for the correction, Sir.
"It is not the size of the sword... It is how you use it!!!"

xSmart007x
Old
Thanks Meter 13
one thing i don't like about greenify is it takes too long to start fb app after hibernate it. for now i just use disable service to disable most of fb app service

Maido Ari...

honeyx
Old
Thanks Meter 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSmart007x View Post
one thing i don't like about greenify is it takes too long to start fb app after hibernate it. for now i just use disable service to disable most of fb app service

Maido Ari...
But this is not the fault of Greenify but because FB is so bloated. Personally this is a must have app and if you ask me it should be part of each Android ROM or at least something simmilar build in.
The Following User Says Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xSmart007x
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyx View Post
But this is not the fault of Greenify but because FB is so bloated. Personally this is a must have app and if you ask me it should be part of each Android ROM or at least something simmilar build in.
yea i know

Maido Ari...

xjestarz
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Thank you! Very helpful.

Luanna
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is a great thread! Thanks for posting this. I needed some answers about this too..

theloneseeker
Old
(Last edited by theloneseeker; 14th December 2013 at 01:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 241
In kitkat 4.4 , when you install xposed framework, the runtime changing won't work.
If you remove it, it works.So those those who change runtimes can forget Xposed Framework.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tags
facebook, greenify