XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help connecting phone to HDTV

Tip us?

kingston73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Default Help connecting phone to HDTV

I've been searching and haven't found an answer yet, I am looking for a way to play movies from my phone to the TV. I know there are ways to stream shows from netflix and hulu but I want to play movies that are physically on my sd card. I can do it with TW roms with my hdmi cable but I want to use an AOSP kitkat rom and haven't found a way to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TmoUS eastcoast
G2 iphone 5
Sensation GS3
BB 9810

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
There are quiet some apps like media house that will do it. VLC Player is another example. Some of the AOSP Roms have screen sharing baked in. So you could explore that as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingston73
Old
(Last edited by kingston73; 11th March 2014 at 06:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Does screen sharing allow audio output? I forget exactly what I did but at one point I was able to mirror the screen but had no audio. I don't know anything about mediahouse, i'll look into that next. Thanks for the suggestions.

Have any of you tried something like this with an AOSP rom? It seems similar to what I already have so I'm wondering if it still needs touchwiz drivers to work?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ET-H10FAUWESTA
TmoUS eastcoast
G2 iphone 5
Sensation GS3
BB 9810

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Audio issues are typically due to incorrect Galaxy S2 adaptor or asian make copy is used. I will suggest to try samsung original as you linked.

I have not tried the device since my TV supports DLNA via an Android TV stick. See my signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]