5,597,871 Members 38,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyway to make the G2 less slippery?

Tip us?

hydeah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Anyway to make the G2 less slippery?

I am using diztronic case right now, but I love the phone naked, however the back is very slippery, especially in this cold weather when hands are extremely dry, all the blood has escaped into warmer areas... I looked at some stick-on skins, but it looks like they do not provide any texture.

My only concern is to keep the screen the way it is, I don't really mind the thickness or changing the back (wish we could), I feel like any kind of case, no matter how skinny they are, totally defeats the purpose of thin bezel.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Haha I had the same problem with mine. Yeah the thin bezel is a drag with the case, especially if you have gestures that work on the side of the screen, like Halo))).

But I opted to just get a cheap case on Amazon with a rubbery glove that encases the phone, and a snap on hard plastic backing that holds it in place.

It's been a great purchase, the rubbery material absorbs the impact when the phone or dropped, and the plastic backing has a grooved texture to keep the phone from slipping out of my hands. Not to mention it has a little stand to sit the phone up in landscape mode to watch videos on it.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

hydeah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
Haha I had the same problem with mine. Yeah the thin bezel is a drag with the case, especially if you have gestures that work on the side of the screen, like Halo))).

But I opted to just get a cheap case on Amazon with a rubbery glove that encases the phone, and a snap on hard plastic backing that holds it in place.

It's been a great purchase, the rubbery material absorbs the impact when the phone or dropped, and the plastic backing has a grooved texture to keep the phone from slipping out of my hands. Not to mention it has a little stand to sit the phone up in landscape mode to watch videos on it.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.
I use SwipePad and I had to adjust the size of hotzone but it works fine.
No matter which case, it will add bulk.

Sent from my LG-D800

DornoDiosMio
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Funny, I really like the Diztronic case so far. Although, I did notice the issue about the edge of screen thingy. I only use a 10 pixel wide hotzone on LMT and when the phone is turned to landscape mode I'm still able to use it. I just aim for the case now and the part of my finger that hits the screen activates LMT. It did take a little adjusting though.

I just put the Diztronic case on a few days ago, so it is always possible that I am still in the euphoric 'I love my new case' stage. So far though, I love it! Partially because it doesn't add too much bulk. Compared to my old otterbox clone on my HOX+ this thing is great.

I do remember seeing a thread somewhere where a guy had sanded the back of the phone down to give it a matte finish or something. I can't remember where I saw that though.