XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downloaded Files Auto Deleting

Tip us?

mzimand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Downloaded Files Auto Deleting

Within 24 hours of downloading a file it is deleted from my Download Folder.
I have tried every type of file and they keep being deleted from the Download Folder.

Anybody know why this happens and is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I take it you're on stock ROM? I used it for all of an hour before I went into flashaholic mode, so I'm not too sure.

I do know the stock ROM has a built in file manager though. Could you try moving your downloaded files into different folders? I know it's not really a fix, but it might be a convenient work around... And it'll promote keeping a clean file system for various types of files you download.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

mzimand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepaot View Post
I take it you're on stock ROM? I used it for all of an hour before I went into flashaholic mode, so I'm not too sure.

I do know the stock ROM has a built in file manager though. Could you try moving your downloaded files into different folders? I know it's not really a fix, but it might be a convenient work around... And it'll promote keeping a clean file system for various types of files you download.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM.
I am rooted but on the stock Odex base but use Solid Explorer as my File Manager.
As far as work around goes I have to move the files out of the Download Folder otherwise they are deleted.