XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I may have made a big mistake

Tip us?

TAMU94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I may have made a big mistake

I recently switched from the iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S 4. I am not a programmer, developer. Anyone have any suggestions on good apps for making this phone not stink for me, i.e., predictive text like the iphone had, a wifi connection that doesn't fall off regularly?

Thank you for your help.

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU94 View Post
I recently switched from the iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S 4. I am not a programmer, developer. Anyone have any suggestions on good apps for making this phone not stink for me, i.e., predictive text like the iphone had, a wifi connection that doesn't fall off regularly?

Thank you for your help.
This phone isn't for everyone. Some people just need something you can turn on and use. Maybe you should rethink your decision? If you want stuff like the "iphone had", why aren't you still using an iphone?

BTW, my phone has predictive text and doesn't drop wifi and though there are always a few exceptions, I think most people with this phone don't have problems. And most of the problems that do exist are from people that haven't read and learned about their devices. Like I said, they just want to turn the phone on and magically make everything work (even stuff that wasn't originally part of the phone's specs.). then, they get mad because they actually have to do a little learning and reading to understand how things work. Just look through the Q & A section (and General) for people that are posting about their phone not working a certain way, when the topic has already been covered and resolved...usually many times. Oh well, like I said, this phone isn't for everyone. Good luck
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

Whizzpopper
Old
Thanks Meter 235
SwiftKey for predictive text. I don't have the problem with wifi. Maybe you could explain and someone can help you. I'm a mac person for the most part, so if you're having trouble with the two "ecosystems", I can probably help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMU94 View Post

Thank you for your help.
Why get the phone if you think it stinks? I love my phone! Took awhile to get it how I want it, I came from an iPhone also and even traded my gs4 back to an iPhone and traded back because I hated how the iPhone was compared to this. An iPhone is for people on the go its simple quick and easy to use. Gs4 is for people who want customization and is able to spend time to search, loom, read on how to make the phone the way you want it. GOOGLE is the main source for everything it has many people who converted from iphones to androids. Just Google search “how to make gs4 like iPhone" but in all reality I thought I would miss all the features the iPhone has but I really don't anymore after having the phone since July.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app