5,600,234 Members 38,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing sim tray

Tip us?

cell2011
Old
(Last edited by cell2011; 14th December 2013 at 11:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Missing sim tray

I have a chance to get one of these phones but the seller says missing sim tray. Is there a way to just tape the sim to the terminals. What can i do? I have an iphone sim tray from a 3gs would that work? What is a compatible HTC sim tray i could use?

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell2011 View Post
I have a chance to get one of these phones but the seller says missing sim tray. Is there a way to just tape the sim to the terminals. What can i do? I have an iphone sim tray from a 3gs would that work? What is a compatible HTC sim tray i could use?
An iPhone 3gs Sim tray uses mini Sim and the first has a micro so that's out of the question. And tapping it in probably wouldn't be such a good idea considering there's allot of space and it would be moving all the time. There is a OEM light blue HTC first Sim tray http://m.ebay.com/itm/141123998651?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
But in my opinion that's too much. The phone closest relating to our is the one mini
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151182582693?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Which is cheaper but there's no guarantee it would fit. Then there's the One & Nexus 4 which could also be good candidates for Sim tray swapping but there's no guarantee it would work

Hope I could help

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EWO...7048629&sr=8-1

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 66
keep track of cellular country. they have some of the best deals on getting any "contract" att phone off contract
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App

dramon
Old
(Last edited by dramon; 17th December 2013 at 11:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Well i don't think the tray would be a big problem, I had a normal sim and I cut it to micro sim.
I cut it a little too much and I was afraid that it would be moving around in the sim tray but no worries.
My point is that you could probably even get it working with a makeshift tray or something

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
Press thanks if I helped you in anyway!

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramon View Post
Well i don't think the tray would be a big problem, I had a normal sim and I cut it to micro sim.
I cut it a little too much and I was afraid that it would be moving around in the sim tray but no worries.
My point is that you could probably even get it working with a makeshift tray or something

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
Look. I got my first, brand new, no contract, and in box for 150$. About two years ago I got my old lg for 120$ no contract. So I got a really good deal.
Cullularcountry.com is awesome. I'm sure an HTC first will pop up there sooner or later. If not get a atrix HD for like 170$ no contract brand new. Or an HTC one x or anything else with no problems.

As far as a Sim tray goes. Use thin pieces of wood that they use on like clarinets and other instruments. Quite thin and light. Like taking it and carving out a slot for the Sim? Not sure how good it would be but quite possible. Otherwise idk haven't come up with anymore ideas.

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App