XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Music, Playlist order

Tip us?

Mu5ic92
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question Google Play Music, Playlist order

I need to ask, is any body else annoyed that when you add a song onto a playlist in the play music app it goes All the way to the bottom to the playlist. So you have to scroll all the music to reach the latest song you added onto the playlist. Is there a solution to this, is it just me?
AT&T Tilt > Htc Touch Pro > Tmobile HD2 > Sprint Htc Evo 4g > Sprint Samsung Epic Touch > Tmobile Galaxy S 4

seanvree
Old
Thanks Meter 34
YES!!! So annoying. However, I used to use DoubleTwist and it did the same thing.

KCRic
Old
Thanks Meter 243
So you're saying that the app is adding songs to your playlist in the same order that you added them?! Must be a bug.

I like my apps to randomly order things without my input...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
MyTouch 3G (Yeah, I know...) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
G2 (Desire Z) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader and carrier restriction - Retired
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) - Retired
Nexus 4 16GB - Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
T - Mobile Galaxy S 4 - Knox Free. Running Wicked v10 w/ Chronic kernel - Current

24kbps 1080p w/ 320kbps audio @ 48KHz camera mod by me. Also w/ How-to.

Mu5ic92
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRic View Post
So you're saying that the app is adding songs to your playlist in the same order that you added them?! Must be a bug.

I like my apps to randomly order things without my input...

No, but i much rather be given the option to arrange my songs from recently added, down to oldest. It is much better then scrolling through 50+ songs just to hear the latest one i added to my playlist. Play music used to order songs like this but at some point it changed. The option would be nice.
AT&T Tilt > Htc Touch Pro > Tmobile HD2 > Sprint Htc Evo 4g > Sprint Samsung Epic Touch > Tmobile Galaxy S 4

seanvree
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu5ic92 View Post
No, but i much rather be given the option to arrange my songs from recently added, down to oldest. It is much better then scrolling through 50+ songs just to hear the latest one i added to my playlist. Play music used to order songs like this but at some point it changed. The option would be nice.
Agreed.

This and the fact Google Music doesn't have a podcast subscription feature are my two biggest complaints.
The Following User Says Thank You to seanvree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KCRic
Old
Thanks Meter 243
I though it could be adjusted online? I mean, it sucks to have to do that but I'm sure they'll get it sorted out. I'll have to logon my computer (what's that??) and see if I can reorder a playlist.

MyTouch 3G (Yeah, I know...) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
G2 (Desire Z) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader and carrier restriction - Retired
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) - Retired
Nexus 4 16GB - Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
T - Mobile Galaxy S 4 - Knox Free. Running Wicked v10 w/ Chronic kernel - Current

24kbps 1080p w/ 320kbps audio @ 48KHz camera mod by me. Also w/ How-to.

seanvree
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRic View Post
I though it could be adjusted online? I mean, it sucks to have to do that but I'm sure they'll get it sorted out. I'll have to logon my computer (what's that??) and see if I can reorder a playlist.

I've looked all thru my library on my computer and can't seem to find where to re-order the playlist.

The Following User Says Thank You to seanvree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]