XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] google experience launcher - grid size

Tip us?

mik_Schreiber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] google experience launcher - grid size

Hi, since 12.12.13 there is a new update of google search in playstore.
If i install this update, the google experience launcher changes the grid size (now i have less icons) and some widgets disappear or are resized.
Is there a possibility to change the grid size of the experience launcher desktop with a hack?

rabbitvcactus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I would also like to know what has happened to the grid, as now I cannot have my homescreen as it used to be.
I wonder if this is anything to do with the new 'tablet mode' in the launcher. (install on an N7, then turn horizontally)
Funny, that the launcher is not officially supported on tablets!

For the time being, I have just reverted to GSearch 3.1.8. (or whatever it is!)

I am a developer, but I cannot find any reference to grid size in either the Launcher or Search APKs.

If you know, please reply

rabbitvcactus

mik_Schreiber
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitvcactus View Post
I wonder if this is anything to do with the new 'tablet mode' in the launcher. (install on an N7, then turn horizontally)
There are there modes phone, phabet and tablet. With Android 4.4, tablet mode is not available anymore. To switch between different modes use this tool

I think that it does not depend on the tablet oder phone mode. Other user have the same problem on different devices. (home button not in the middle, widgets deleted and and ...)

crazy talk
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Hate to post in an older thread, but this is one of the first results when you start looking for ways to adjust the grid size.

GravityBox[KK] can change the grid size on the GEL launcher, but it's not perfect.

some widgets don't take to kindly to being squished down. like BeautifulWidgets.
Current Devices: Galaxy S4 GPE, LG G2 AOSP

Past Devices: IPhone 2G>IPhone 3G>Touch Pro2>IPhone 3GS>Nexus One>HTC EVO>Palm Pre+>Motorola DroidX,Galaxy Tab>T-mobile G2,LG G-slate>G2x>HTC Sensation,T-Mo G2>Galaxy Note>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note II>HTC One,Nexus 10>???
The Following User Says Thank You to crazy talk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk View Post
Hate to post in an older thread, but this is one of the first results when you start looking for ways to adjust the grid size.

GravityBox[KK] can change the grid size on the GEL launcher, but it's not perfect.

some widgets don't take to kindly to being squished down. like BeautifulWidgets.
Thanks for this. I was looking for a way to get the grid size larger on my Note 3. The resize ability for widgets is great too. I got it working using the Kit Kat version of Gravity Box, despite the fact that the dev says it may not work on Touchwiz ROMs.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
ROM: Stock - Rooted and Xposed
Recovery: TWRP 2.x

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.2.x

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq