XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Paranoid Android Official Rom For Nook Hd and Nook Hd+

Tip us?

arnp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Request] Paranoid Android Official Rom For Nook Hd and Nook Hd+

Hello guys @ Paranoid Android......i am a huge fan of your roms but am disappointed that there is still no rom available for nook hd+. Please please please could you heed into this. The Nook Hd & Hd+ people feel like they're the outcasts in the whole brilliant world of custom roms. With only the option of CynaogenMod and the crappy Stock Rom, we nook guys are sort of left in the puddle.

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4653

DONATE TO ME
If(nook === nexusDevice)
Var=pa.version.zip;
Else
Answer='find developer to port it';

Sent from my Nexus 5

Anu6is
Old
Thanks Meter 1906

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnp View Post
Hello guys @ Paranoid Android......i am a huge fan of your roms but am disappointed that there is still no rom available for nook hd+. Please please please could you heed into this. The Nook Hd & Hd+ people feel like they're the outcasts in the whole brilliant world of custom roms. With only the option of CynaogenMod and the crappy Stock Rom, we nook guys are sort of left in the puddle.
I believe what people don't understand is that all ROMs base their device support on the availability of device maintainers.
What is important here is that the device maintainer should possess a physical device for testing their builds. It is not practical to support a device is you cannot test the ROMs you are compiling.
The core PA dev team supports nexus devices and the Oppo Find 5. There is a legacy branch of PA that supports some non-nexus devices. The legacy branch would be made up of developers (mostly developers from right here on xda) that decided to port PA to their devices (devices they own). As such, it's not simply a matter of a device being popular or desired which leads to a device being supported, but rather the existence of a developer with said device who is willing to maintain it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anu6is For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arnp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu6is View Post
I believe what people don't understand is that all ROMs base their device support on the availability of device maintainers.
What is important here is that the device maintainer should possess a physical device for testing their builds. It is not practical to support a device is you cannot test the ROMs you are compiling.
The core PA dev team supports nexus devices and the Oppo Find 5. There is a legacy branch of PA that supports some non-nexus devices. The legacy branch would be made up of developers (mostly developers from right here on xda) that decided to port PA to their devices (devices they own). As such, it's not simply a matter of a device being popular or desired which leads to a device being supported, but rather the existence of a developer with said device who is willing to maintain it.
Thanks a lot Anu6is, i now know the process better and am hopeful that some dev is sitting with his nook right now and porting PA....