[Q] "Not Registered On Network" Error

Tip us?

JenovaImproved
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] "Not Registered On Network" Error

Hi, hoping you guys can help me out:

Current Problem: Bought an unlocked N900T, put in my metroPCS sim, try to dial *228 to switch my plan to that phone's IMEI. Get the "Not Registered On Network" error. Ok. Call metroPCS and have them switch me to that IMEI manually while phone is off and sim is out, still not working, they switched the phone to troubleshooting mode for 2 hours and still couldnt figure it out. Now I'm back on my S3 trying to figure out what's wrong.

Things it cant be:
1) Can't be the sim, it works fine in my S3
2) Can't be the IMEI is bad, checked and looks good
3) Can't be ESN is blocked, checked that

Things i've already tried:
1) ODIN back to pure stock rom (was already there anyway tho)
2) Factory reset
3) Set network to GSM, select automatic registration, never finds service.

I hear there is some Ariza patch to fix network for s3, s4, note 2. dont see one for Note 3. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jack143
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You might be in in a At&t area, and its trying to connect to that carrier. Mine does that when I'm not in tmobile area. You might want to uncheck roaming if it's enabled.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Sound like it's default carrier is wronge. Find network operators and manually set it to metropcs.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Also check what frequency metropcs is using. And set it correctly. Because if it's not set right your phone will try and connect to the wronge carrier that it's not registered too. It sounds like it's trying to connect to the wrong carrier.