XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google calendar sync

Tip us?

Corduroy-21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Google calendar sync

I'm using the Google calendar service for the past years for my work, although I did not have any Android devices.
I got the One and I synced my calendar but unfortunately past events have not synced. The sync went just to a month in the past.
As I need to check past events very often and use the Search function this is a huge problem for me.

The only solution until now is to use the browser and search through the mobile calendar site, but this is not the best solution.
So, my question is: Is there any way to sync all my past events to the HTC One calendar app?
If not is there any other calendar app that would allow me to sync these events?
If again not is there any other solution using something else instead of Google?

xxtakixx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sync failed

before we try to figure out the problem... can you verify that the calendar app you are using is actually by google and not HTC?

Corduroy-21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtakixx View Post
before we try to figure out the problem... can you verify that the calendar app you are using is actually by google and not HTC?
I didn't see your answer, so sorry for not replying earlier.

The problem is not app-specific, it's Google Calendar specific.
Google Calendar allows you to sync with mobile devices but syncs events up to one month back, not older.
So I searched around and found a solution.
In case anyone is interested, this worked for me:
I went to my Google account (from my PC browser) and exported my Calendar (it's a zip file).
I then unzipped it and imported it to the same account (no duplicates) and when my phone synced back I got all my entries in my Calendar app (I use the HTC calendar app). So now I can go back to events or search.

xxtakixx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corduroy-21 View Post

Google Calendar allows you to sync with mobile devices but syncs events up to one month back, not older.
I went to my Google account (from my PC browser) and exported my Calendar (it's a zip file).
I then unzipped it and imported it to the same account (no duplicates) and when my phone synced back I got all my entries in my Calendar app (I use the HTC calendar app). So now I can go back to events or search.
no worries. I didnt realize Google calendar doesnt sync beyond one month of your events. thanks for the heads up.

phsetaknev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Well the zip file technique didnt work with me, I see only one exporting option at the top calendars but not for the one that i added "Contacts birthdays and events". Anyway i tried to export and that is my mail calendar and even that exporting failed saying "Processed zero events.Failed to import events: Processing error during upload." I can see the birthdays and event of my contacts [that i maintain in gmail with birthday date] in the calendar but not on my phone. I cleared the cache and the data from the HTC Calendar app and i re-added this calendar from my mail account and then only some birthdays are shown and some are not. Its irritating to see these many cache problems with android/HTC.
HTC One 32GB
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.54.0000
RADIO - 4A.17.3250.14
OpenDSP - V31.120.274.0617
OS - 2.24.707.3
eMMC - boot 2048MB
Jul 11 2013, 00:11:58.0

AFTER 4.3 and 5.5 UPDATE

M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.55.0000
RADIO - 4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP - V32.120.274.0909
OS - 3.63.707.4
eMMC - boot 2048MB
Oct 30 2013, 20:00:57.0

CID: HTC_038

Corduroy-21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsetaknev View Post
Well the zip file technique didnt work with me, I see only one exporting option at the top calendars but not for the one that i added "Contacts birthdays and events". Anyway i tried to export and that is my mail calendar and even that exporting failed saying "Processed zero events.Failed to import events: Processing error during upload." I can see the birthdays and event of my contacts [that i maintain in gmail with birthday date] in the calendar but not on my phone. I cleared the cache and the data from the HTC Calendar app and i re-added this calendar from my mail account and then only some birthdays are shown and some are not. Its irritating to see these many cache problems with android/HTC.

Did you unzip the file?
The exported file is .zip. and you have to import the .ics

phsetaknev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Did you unzip the file?
The exported file is .zip. and you have to import the .ics
Yes i did that later and still only some contacts' birthdays and events are shown.

And do you know how to get full clarity contact pictures while calling [only using google, not from facebook] I'd like to set a contact picture to each and everyone to my contacts in gmail and i want them to stay like that, but while calling the picture is pixellated. Many reported this as annoying in the google forums, but did google resolve this?
HTC One 32GB
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.54.0000
RADIO - 4A.17.3250.14
OS - 2.24.707.3
eMMC - boot 2048MB

AFTER 4.3 and 5.5 UPDATE

M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.55.0000
RADIO - 4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP - V32.120.274.0909
OS - 3.63.707.4
eMMC - boot 2048MB
Oct 30 2013, 20:00:57.0

CID: HTC_038

paul_viado
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsetaknev View Post
Yes i did that later and still only some contacts' birthdays and events are shown.

And do you know how to get full clarity contact pictures while calling [only using google, not from facebook] I'd like to set a contact picture to each and everyone to my contacts in gmail and i want them to stay like that, but while calling the picture is pixellated. Many reported this as annoying in the google forums, but did google resolve this?
to your question about the contact pics, while i can't confirm if it has been resolved BUT i did notice that the picture itself has to "buffer" or download itself to get clear.been that way for me since early ics.this is what i do if the picture is blurry i go into my contacts on my phone go to that contact click on the pic and nothing else and i see it "buffer/download" itself and go from blurry to clear within secs.
The Following User Says Thank You to paul_viado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phsetaknev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_viado View Post
to your question about the contact pics, while i can't confirm if it has been resolved BUT i did notice that the picture itself has to "buffer" or download itself to get clear.been that way for me since early ics.this is what i do if the picture is blurry i go into my contacts on my phone go to that contact click on the pic and nothing else and i see it "buffer/download" itself and go from blurry to clear within secs.
I will try it then, i just need to go to each contact and make the contact pic buffer, provided these pics should've be saved in gmail right? under contacts? I do get options to select the contact pic from accounts like Facebook, whatsapp etc.....i just need to upload a nice contact pic and select google as contact pic and wait for it to buffer?!!
HTC One 32GB
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.54.0000
RADIO - 4A.17.3250.14
OS - 2.24.707.3
eMMC - boot 2048MB

AFTER 4.3 and 5.5 UPDATE

M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.55.0000
RADIO - 4A.21.3263.04