5,605,904 Members 47,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.3 Android OS draining too much battery

Tip us?
 
cesarramsan
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Android 4.3 Android OS draining too much battery

Hello guys,

So I have the same problem as other, apparently Android OS is consuming a lot of battery. Before my upgrade I could easily have my phone last an entire day, now around 4pm I need to charge it again as it is already around 20% with very log usage. If I fully charge it and leave it unplugged overnight, it will go from 100% to 75%. I have seen other thread with similar issues but those are usually are related to having some app keep the phone awake. In my case this happen even after a factory reset with no apps installed.

My GPS and all location services are off too.

Any ideas? We should get to the bottom of this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-21-40.png
Views:	161
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	2435519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-21-46.png
Views:	147
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	2435520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-22-19.png
Views:	128
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	2435521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-22-25.png
Views:	112
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	2435522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-22-04.png
Views:	104
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	2435523  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-05-16-22-32.png
Views:	100
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	2435524  
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
cesarramsan
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
For some reason WIFI is on 100% of the time, despite the fact that it is set to go to sleep when the screen is off. Also the phone is "awake" 99.4% of the time, that is very concerning and there must be something that is keeping the phone awake all that time.
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
maanz "L"
Old
#3  
maanz "L"'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 763
Posts: 1,000
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: singapore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarramsan View Post
For some reason WIFI is on 100% of the time, despite the fact that it is set to go to sleep when the screen is off. Also the phone is "awake" 99.4% of the time, that is very concerning and there must be something that is keeping the phone awake all that time.
Hi.
U might want to go to Google play store and select "do not auto updates".
Another thing to check is; got to Settings/MyDevice/Accessibility and unchecked Notification Reminder.
Next is; go to Google Settings app, open Android Device Manager and uncheck "Remotely report this device".
Reboot after making these changes and check BBS app after 4 hours.
Hope that these could bring down the high Android OS and phone awake.

Cheers.



A member of X-TremE Team.
____________________________________________
________________________________

"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that.
Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"


"Support for Mirko and LegendK95 against piracy..."

"Devs stealing Goldieking's Alliance App.."

Support Silent Circle and the BlackPhone.
Protecting our privacies from NSA and governments threats.
The Following User Says Thank You to maanz "L" For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cesarramsan
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
I have applied the changes you suggested and I will report what I find. Thank you!
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
cesarramsan
Old
(Last edited by cesarramsan; 8th December 2013 at 07:57 PM.)
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
I did what you recommended and I even disabled push notifications from samsung marketplace and it did help but only a little. Now wifi is active only 85% of the time and the phone is awake 80% of the time. It is a small improvement but there is still something wrong as this metrics were recorded over a period of 8 hours while I was sleeping, I would expect that the awake time and the WIF should be at their minimum . I am currently using the latest official firmware, I wonder if Samsung will release some update soon.
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
jaswinky
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarramsan View Post
Hello guys,

So I have the same problem as other, apparently Android OS is consuming a lot of battery. Before my upgrade I could easily have my phone last an entire day, now around 4pm I need to charge it again as it is already around 20% with very log usage. If I fully charge it and leave it unplugged overnight, it will go from 100% to 75%. I have seen other thread with similar issues but those are usually are related to having some app keep the phone awake. In my case this happen even after a factory reset with no apps installed.

My GPS and all location services are off too.

Any ideas? We should get to the bottom of this!
How did you upgrade to 4.3? Ota, kies, Odin? What version of Odin? What model you have, i9500 or i9505?

Your problem seems that it doesn't enter to deep sleep processor state correctly.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
 
cesarramsan
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswinky View Post
How did you upgrade to 4.3? Ota, kies, Odin? What version of Odin? What model you have, i9500 or i9505?

Your problem seems that it doesn't enter to deep sleep processor state correctly.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
I upgraded using Odin version 3.0.7. I have the model i9500. I had root so I could not do OTA.
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
jaswinky
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarramsan View Post
I upgraded using Odin version 3.0.7. I have the model i9500. I had root so I could not do OTA.
Ok, that version is correct due your i9500 model (you could use also 3.09). Now, you said you are root. With cfautoroot? What Odin version did you use for making root?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
 
cesarramsan
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fargo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswinky View Post
Ok, that version is correct due your i9500 model (you could use also 3.09). Now, you said you are root. With cfautoroot? What Odin version did you use for making root?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2
I used CF-auto-root also with Odin 3.07. The bundled zip contained Odin3 1.85 but I did not use that one in favor of the most recent version.
More about what I do at http://www.cesarandres.com
MOTOROLA Droid - CM7
SAMSUNG Nexus S - Blandroid
ASUS Transformer - Stock
 
jaswinky
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 582
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarramsan View Post
I used CF-auto-root also with Odin 3.07. The bundled zip contained Odin3 1.85 but I did not use that one in favor of the most recent version.
Bad decision. Chainfire (the cfautorroot author) includes that version inside the zip even being a file for our s4 because a reason, and he explained in his web...

Ok, do this: flash again using Odin 3.07 or 3.09 your complete stock 4.3 Rom without making wipe data (you won't lose your data, but if you don't mind to lose them, then ok, wipe data). Then try again with no root yet if you can see with better battery starts that you enter well in deep sleep.

Once you check this make root flashing cfautoroot using Odin 1.85 and check again deep sleep.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes