[Q] Note 3 battery questions

Search This thread

Xampos

Dec 13, 2013
Hello guys, i want to ask you some questions about the note 3 battery. So..:

1. When on 13%, i plugged it on the wall using the stock charger. Exactly one hour later, it went up to 75%, like 1% per minute. After another 20 minutes, it went to 91%, slightly slower. 20 minutes later it was at 98%, and it needed another 20 - 25 minutes to charge completely from 98%. Is it normal? In total, it needed 2 hours and 10 minutes to charge completely from 13% and i guess it would need another extra 10 minutes to charge from 1% to 100%. These numbers are normal for the note 3?

2. I noticed that from 100% until 90%, the battery discharges faster than from 90% and down. Is this normal too? With moderate and maybe light use, and i mean some gaming, a little messaging and calling and browsing, from 100% i managed to come to the 13% mark in 2 days and 3 hours, and i thing is a pretty good number.

3. As i said, i have the stock charge that is 2 parts, the one that fits the wall and the other the usb cord. Some days ago, i left it overnight charging from 15%, and 6-7 hours later it was at 70%. I have one battery app installed and it said that it recognized the charger as a USB charger and not as an AC charger. I pushed the usb cord to fit better in the other part and then it recognized it as an AC charger. First, as it recognized it as a usb charger, is normal to need so many hours to charge it this way? I havent use it directly to a pc via usb to see how much time it needs to charge thiw say. And second, why the phone recognized the charger as usb and not ac? Its because that the cord didnt fit quite well in the first place or is it because of some sort of malfunction?

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Sorry guys, I didnt notice the "no questions in the general forum!

Last edited:

nakedtime

Apr 28, 2013
2 things.

1) battery percentage is an estimate. For the health of the battery, they tell you it's 100% at anywhere between 85-100% actual charge.

2) charging speed is largely dependent on voltage differential. a battery at 3 volts can receive charge faster than a battery at 4.2 volts.

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Hello guys, i want to ask you some questions about the note 3 battery. So..:

1. When on 13%, i plugged it on the wall using the stock charger. Exactly one hour later, it went up to 75%, like 1% per minute. After another 20 minutes, it went to 91%, slightly slower. 20 minutes later it was at 98%, and it needed another 20 - 25 minutes to charge completely from 98%. Is it normal? In total, it needed 2 hours and 10 minutes to charge completely from 13% and i guess it would need another extra 10 minutes to charge from 1% to 100%. These numbers are normal for the note 3?

2. I noticed that from 100% until 90%, the battery discharges faster than from 90% and down. Is this normal too? With moderate and maybe light use, and i mean some gaming, a little messaging and calling and browsing, from 100% i managed to come to the 13% mark in 2 days and 3 hours, and i thing is a pretty good number.

3. As i said, i have the stock charge that is 2 parts, the one that fits the wall and the other the usb cord. Some days ago, i left it overnight charging from 15%, and 6-7 hours later it was at 70%. I have one battery app installed and it said that it recognized the charger as a USB charger and not as an AC charger. I pushed the usb cord to fit better in the other part and then it recognized it as an AC charger. First, as it recognized it as a usb charger, is normal to need so many hours to charge it this way? I havent use it directly to a pc via usb to see how much time it needs to charge thiw say. And second, why the phone recognized the charger as usb and not ac? Its because that the cord didnt fit quite well in the first place or is it because of some sort of malfunction?

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Sorry guys, I didnt notice the "no questions in the general forum!

1 and 2 are normal. 3 is nothing to worry about.. When you have charging issues or something, just reboot ur phone...