XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ???s rooting, new dna

Tip us?

boblpn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] ???s rooting, new dna

I am finally deciding to upgrade my TB to the DNA. It has been out a while, so I figure any bugs are worked out. I have a few questions...

1. What is the easiest rooting app / procedure for the DNA? and where can it be found?, and also, the reversibility of the rooting process should be considered, in the event that it needs to be unrooted for a return or warranty

2. Does the rooting process include the S-Off, or is that a separate procedure?, or is it event necessary?

3. A couple of the places where I read about rooting the DNA state that you need to flash either CWM or TWRP...is the 4EXT considered an acceptable recovery for the DNA rooting procedure? How would it be loaded in the rooting / flashing procedure?

4. I'm partial to Virus's and Santod's Eternity ROMs for the TB over at Infected, and have been using them for two years now; is there one out there close enough that I would be happy with, comparing it to Eternity?

Any and all information that you would be able to provide and point me to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

jtio21
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'll be doing the same shortly. If I get to it before you I'll let you know what I did?

Sent from my Rezound using xda app-developers app

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; 15th December 2013 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
Rumrunner is the S-off and unlock method. Since htcdev blocked unlocking this device, we get both in one.

Reverting s-off unlock is simple and has instructions in a thread, will find and edit post with link soon.

CWM and TWRP are the only two custom recoveries that I know of.

I don't have experience with those roms to give you insight.

Edit: s-off to complete stock thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293919

Sent from my DNA using my mind.