5,595,964 Members 31,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Get MP3 Player to Play on Zooper?

Tip us?

ortind200
Old
(Last edited by ortind200; 2nd January 2014 at 09:23 AM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default How to Get MP3 Player to Play on Zooper?

1) how can i get zooper to play, fast foward, reverse and show a pic of a song without opening the mp3 player?

2) how can i get zooper to open my app drawer?

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortind200 View Post
1) how can i get zooper to play, fast foward, reverse and show a pic of a song without opening the mp3 player?

2) how can i get zooper to open my app drawer?
1) Media Utilities is your friend! You can install it from the Play Store here and find a tutorial on how to use it with Zooper here.
2) If you use a custom launcher like Apex, Nova, Lightning, etc. they often provide shortcut actions to certain functions like opening the app drawer. You can use those via the OnTap action on either a widget or individual modules so they are used when you tap on the Zooper widget.
Mobile: LG Nexus 4 | ROM: Paranoid Android 4.0 + Xposed | Kernel: faux Kernel
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) | ROM: Paranoid Android 3+ | Kernel: faux Kernel

ortind200
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
1) Media Utilities is your friend! You can install it from the Play Store here and find a tutorial on how to use it with Zooper here.
2) If you use a custom launcher like Apex, Nova, Lightning, etc. they often provide shortcut actions to certain functions like opening the app drawer. You can use those via the OnTap action on either a widget or individual modules so they are used when you tap on the Zooper widget.
hu there. i read and followed everything that the tutorial asked. and i still am unable to get the mp3 player going on a zooper widget. just to let unknow, i got a samsung S3 so it should be a problem to do this.

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1527
Quote:
hu there. i read and followed everything that the tutorial asked. and i still am unable to get the mp3 player going on a zooper widget. just to let unknow, i got a samsung S3 so it should be a problem to do this.
I don't own any Samsung Devices so I can't really help you out much. Two things though: does the native music player show up when you open Media Utilities? If not, you might have to add it manually. Also try it with Play Music to see if Media Utilities correctly works with Zooper (Play Music should definitely work and is always a good way to test things)

ortind200
Old
(Last edited by ortind200; 3rd January 2014 at 04:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
I don't own any Samsung Devices so I can't really help you out much. Two things though: does the native music player show up when you open Media Utilities? If not, you might have to add it manually. Also try it with Play Music to see if Media Utilities correctly works with Zooper (Play Music should definitely work and is always a good way to test things)
Hey kwerdenker.. I got it working finally cuz of your advice. I removed the native media player from Media Utilities that wasnt working. Then I had Google Play Music work in zooper.. But one thing doesnt work.. The cover art doesnt show up. Any suggestions?

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1527
Quote:
Hey kwerdenker.. I got it working finally cuz of your advice. I removed the native media player from Media Utilities that wasnt working. Then I had Google Play Music work in zooper.. But one thing doesnt work.. The cover art doesnt show up. Any suggestions?
If you followed the tutorial, this shouldn't be a problem but just to cover all bases: did you make sure the"Make coverart available" option in MU is set? Could you also please post a screenshot of the advanced parameter settings for the bitmap module you use for the coverart?

Milver
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default ok

Thanks

ortind200
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
If you followed the tutorial, this shouldn't be a problem but just to cover all bases: did you make sure the"Make coverart available" option in MU is set? Could you also please post a screenshot of the advanced parameter settings for the bitmap module you use for the coverart?
hi kwerderker.. yes i made sure that the "make coverart available" option was ticked. the sctrenshot of the advanced parameters is below..

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1527
Quote:
hi kwerderker.. yes i made sure that the "make coverart available" option was ticked. the sctrenshot of the advanced parameters is below..

This looks exactly as I would expect it to be.
I'm sorry to say this but I currently don't have any further ideas. Though I have heard other people where it didn't worked one day and suddenly started to work the next. So maybe you are lucky and it will resolve itself. Other than that, you might have to file a bug with the Zooper guys to get this resolved.

ortind200
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
This looks exactly as I would expect it to be.
I'm sorry to say this but I currently don't have any further ideas. Though I have heard other people where it didn't worked one day and suddenly started to work the next. So maybe you are lucky and it will resolve itself. Other than that, you might have to file a bug with the Zooper guys to get this resolved.
i know its strange.. maybe ur using a different player than i am.. maybe if i use the one ur using that shows the cover art it may work for me... wat mp3 player do u use on zooper?