[Q] S3/Gear bluetooth internet tether problem

Tip us?

just2wikid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S3/Gear bluetooth internet tether problem

Hey guys,
I recently rooted my gear and installed the null 14 ROM. My phone I am currently using is an S3 running stock 4.3. How do I go about tethering my internet from my phone to the gear? It seems they must have removed bluetooth tethering from the 4.3 as I only have wifi hotspot and usb tethering. Anybody else get this too or does somebody know what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks for any help guys

tsew03
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by just2wikid View Post
Hey guys,
I recently rooted my gear and installed the null 14 ROM. My phone I am currently using is an S3 running stock 4.3. How do I go about tethering my internet from my phone to the gear? It seems they must have removed bluetooth tethering from the 4.3 as I only have wifi hotspot and usb tethering. Anybody else get this too or does somebody know what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks for any help guys

Im running stock rooted 4.3 on my gs4 with the tethering hack on verizon and i have bluetooth tethering under settings, more networks, tethering and then you check the bluetooth one. FYI bluetooth tethering is capped at about 3mpbs to is not exactly lightening fast but it does work. Make sure on your gear that you go into bluetooth settings and the click settings for the device your connected to and check use internet from device or whatever it says i forget exactly

just2wikid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I have my S3 rooted now. What can I install to enable the bluetooth tether? Any info and/or links would truly help. I am not too smart when it comes to this rooting stuff. Thanks