XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

back cover clicking noise when applying pressure

Tip us?

R@mi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default back cover clicking noise when applying pressure

when i apply a little bit of pressure on the back glass, (for example for cleaning the glass) its start to make sounds, like clicking sounds, on the front it does not happen, just in the back, the sound is like when you have a door and you need to oil the hinges.... is it normal ??

another thing, when i apply pressure on the sony logo, its like you can bend it to touch the battery inside.. does that happen to you too ??

I'm super dissapointed so far from the build quality, i got a faulty screen (white horzintal hue on the bottom + few dead pixels) and now that cracking noise!

anyone else with the same problem? or is it normal ?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@mi View Post
when i apply a little bit of pressure on the back glass, (for example for cleaning the glass) its start to make sounds, like clicking sounds, on the front it does not happen, just in the back, the sound is like when you have a door and you need to oil the hinges.... is it normal ??

another thing, when i apply pressure on the sony logo, its like you can bend it to touch the battery inside.. does that happen to you too ??

I'm super dissapointed so far from the build quality, i got a faulty screen (white horzintal hue on the bottom + few dead pixels) and now that cracking noise!

In my case probably I will solve with a fix from the update, but in your case, you will never fix it so if the phone is new with warranty, go now for a replacement, specially for the hue and dead pixels, maybe your are lucky and they will give you another device.

R@mi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
In my case probably I will solve with a fix from the update, but in your case, you will never fix it so if the phone is new with warranty, go now for a replacement, specially for the hue and dead pixels, maybe your are lucky and they will give you another device.

what about the back cover? dose yours also squeak?

eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 14th December 2013 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
what about the back cover? dose yours also squeak?
No, mine seem fine, maybe the only thing about I can't complain, but if you go via warranty and there is a lot to replace and also you will tell them about the back cover as well maybe they give you a new device without all this problems, and I am 99% sure this kind of device will be replaced with another one for you because they don't have so much time to open it all and replace the lcd, maybe but too much work, is not worth for them.

bogdan wst
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Go ask for a warranty replacement. My phone was replaced under warranty for the same white horizontal hue on the bottom of the screen/exactly where the soft keys are.

The new phone i got, has no problem whatsoever.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Z1

Belal94
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Click sound is normal i have the Same thing
When you are outdoor u will never listen it

R@mi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan wst View Post
Go ask for a warranty replacement. My phone was replaced under warranty for the same white horizontal hue on the bottom of the screen/exactly where the soft keys are.

The new phone i got, has no problem whatsoever.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thank you guys!
i have the same exact problem as you with my screen! will they replace the screen or my unit?
and how much would that take them?