XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error trying to flash CM 10.2

Tip us?

agonizing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Error trying to flash CM 10.2

As soon as I try to flash CM 10.2 to my phone I get this error assert failed getprop( ro.bootloader ) l710. Does anyone know how to fix this?

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by agonizing View Post
As soon as I try to flash CM 10.2 to my phone I get this error assert failed getprop( ro.bootloader ) l710. Does anyone know how to fix this?
are you running the MD4 firmware?
(if you've taken the mk3 update, do not try to flash md4. you'll brick your phone)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o

Mr. Struck
Old
(Last edited by Mr. Struck; 13th December 2013 at 05:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano View Post
are you running the MD4 firmware?
(if you've taken the mk3 update, do not try to flash md4. you'll brick your phone)
MD4 should be a recognized bootloader in the updater-script for CM 10.2, which makes me think he probably has MK3. Removing the assert lines altogether will prevent an error involving the bootloader check, as long as it is a d2spr ROM (i.e. don't remove them from a ROM meant for a different carrier and then try to flash, bad things will happen, that is why the asserts are there in the first place). MK3 is included in the asserts for the new CM 11 builds by the way.

A point of clarification as well. Flashing is fine, there are no bootloader changes involved, it is when you try to push a .tar "return to stock" file via Odin which is designed to restore a non-Knox bootloader that causes major damage if you already have a phone cursed by the Knox bootloader. Therefore, if you are already OTA'd to the MK3 with Knox bootloader, DO NOT, under any circumstances, push a .tar that is based on the MD4 bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agonizing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
MD4 should be a recognized bootloader in the updater-script for CM 10.2, which makes me think he probably has MK3. Removing the assert lines altogether will prevent an error involving the bootloader check, as long as it is a d2spr ROM (i.e. don't remove them from a ROM meant for a different carrier and then try to flash, bad things will happen, that is why the asserts are there in the first place). MK3 is included in the asserts for the new CM 11 builds by the way.

A point of clarification as well. Flashing is fine, there are no bootloader changes involved, it is when you try to push a .tar "return to stock" file via Odin which is designed to restore a non-Knox bootloader that causes major damage if you already have a phone cursed by the Knox bootloader. Therefore, if you are already OTA'd to the MK3 with Knox bootloader, DO NOT, under any circumstances, push a .tar that is based on the MD4 bootloader.
I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff but yes i do have mk3. So can i not flash to cm 10.2? Or what do I have to do to get the flash to work properly?

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff but yes i do have mk3. So can i not flash to cm 10.2? Or what do I have to do to get the flash to work properly?
Flashing 10.2 is perfectly fine, or any other custom ROM for that matter. Remember, Android build number has nothing to do with your boot loader version. I will post later for you a link to instructions on how to modify or delete the assert lines to enable flash of CM 10.2, or I would also recommend just go straight to CM 11 official version, your boot loader is recognized by the newest updater-script. Let me know your preference.

agonizing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
Flashing 10.2 is perfectly fine, or any other custom ROM for that matter. Remember, Android build number has nothing to do with your boot loader version. I will post later for you a link to instructions on how to modify or delete the assert lines to enable flash of CM 10.2, or I would also recommend just go straight to CM 11 official version, your boot loader is recognized by the newest updater-script. Let me know your preference.
I got CM 11 to work last night, but it was too unstable for me. I'd rather use CM 10.2 since its a stable version. So can you teach me how to remove the assert lines?

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
I got CM 11 to work last night, but it was too unstable for me. I'd rather use CM 10.2 since its a stable version. So can you teach me how to remove the assert lines?
http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...obile-use.html

This link is for a tutorial I posted on Android Forums for the use of my fellow Virgin Mobile users who want to use Sprint ROM's. Ignore the VM specific items; the principle, though is universal in terms of modifying or deleting the assert lines once you know where to look for them. I would recommend just deleting that set of lines altogether, but if you want to replace one the current Sprint bootloader is L710VPUCMK3. Previous version of MD4 is already listed in the asserts if that happens to be your bootloader for anyone else interested, which would mean no modification needed. Too bad about CM 11, I have been running it since the official versions started being built, and it is beyond awesome for me. Currently on the first build for 4.4.2 from 12/12, with the newest test build of dkp kernel from 12/13 as well, and everything works virtually flawlessly.