5,594,653 Members 32,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case required?

Tip us?
George4.4.2 Old
Thanks Meter
Default Case required?

I'm fortunate enough to own the Nexus 5, have the Z1 on delivery and have this evening ordered the Note 3, which I intend to use as my main phone. I'm not a fan of cases, I'll be honest. However, as I'm sure you are all aware (and your wallets feel lighter), the note 3 isn't cheap. What would be the best case in terms of being he thinnest? Also, is the bezel surrounded the phone prone to chips easily? I can't make out from photos if its Chrome or Metallic?

Nexus 5 + Z1 on the way Sent using XDA Premium.

KruseLudsMobile
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
I prefer the phone naked. It's too big and gorgeous to bulk up with any case to hide the design. I always keep my front right pants pocket empty, dedicated for the phone. During the week I also just slip it into my suit jacket inside pocket. I have had it for 2 months and it's spotless.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III; Previous owner/hacker of Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA.
- R. Kruse Ludington

Current: Galaxy Note III Black; Previously: Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to KruseLudsMobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
George4.4.2 Old
Thanks Meter
Same here. I much prefer the phone as it arrived rather than dressing it up with cases. What do you think of the build quality? For the money I've spent I hope its good quality. Specifically the bezel around the edge? I only have concerns as I've had bezels scratch up easily even with careful use. Cough Blackberry Cough

GuySmily
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've had cell phones for the last 15 years and have NEVER physically damaged a single one. I've had my Note 3 for a month or two, and the screen cracked straight across - looks like a samurai sliced it in half.

I didn't drop the phone or anything. It slid gently off my lap and down between the couch cushions, and somehow it broke. Maybe it cracked from pressure through the pillows from people sitting on either side?

I'm thinking either there was a defect (stress point or something) in my phone, or it's just a REALLY fragile phone.

It's a beautiful phone, but I suggest getting a case. After I have the screen replaced, I might try one of those glass screen protectors just to give the phone's glass more pressure-damage resistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuySmily For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pham818
Old
Thanks Meter 100
You should look into the bear motion bumper on amazon for the note 3. the bezel of the screen is really weak. like really really weak. (at least compared to the note 2)
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pham818 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
George4.4.2 Old
Thanks Meter
Thank you both what do you mean by weak Pham? Its not something that bothers me too much, I just want a phone that will last a long time ha

hatif
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If u want you phone looked thin and sexy.. try to use a tempered glass screen protector + bumper... the tempered glass will give u extra protection for ur note 3 screen and it is not easy to break... i just bought a tempered glass screen protector from spigen and its look fantastic.. u can see the video on you tube.. then the bumper will make ur note 3 seen sleek and not bulk.. u can choose either plastic, rubber, or aluminum bumper depends on ur interest... adios..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

troyd28
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Lol my brother goes naked with all his phones then when it breaks he wants to put a case on but you live and learn right?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

hatif
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My note 3 with spigen tempered glas + metal aluminium bumper + basius battery cover bought from ebay..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386943847044.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	2452441   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386943902466.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2452442   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386943929933.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2452444   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386943968567.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	2452445   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386944000398.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2452447  

Paulita1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pham818 View Post
You should look into the bear motion bumper on amazon for the note 3. the bezel of the screen is really weak. like really really weak. (at least compared to the note 2)
YES, it has working and fine..thanks