5,599,337 Members 37,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lock not 'relock' bootloader.

Tip us?

Rednaxela1963
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lock not 'relock' bootloader.

I've rooted my HTC One X ( ICS CIDnum H3G_001) and flashed ViperX 2.7.0 (ICS) custom ROM. I tried to upgrade ViperX 3.7.8 (JB) and flashed the appropiate boot.img but after installation was frozen on the ViperX 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' splash screen so I reverted back to stock ROM through Nandroid backup and relocked my bootloader so I could install the stock OTA JB update. Now all I get is ...this device is for development purposes...etc. in red text on my 'Quietly Brilliant' splash screen. I'm back on ICS stock ROM with bootloader unlocked but would dearly be able to install the ViperX JB ROM.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

nogotaclue
Old
(Last edited by nogotaclue; 11th September 2013 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednaxela1963 View Post
I've rooted my HTC One X ( ICS CIDnum H3G_001) and flashed ViperX 2.7.0 (ICS) custom ROM. I tried to upgrade ViperX 3.7.8 (JB) and flashed the appropiate boot.img but after installation was frozen on the ViperX 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' splash screen so I reverted back to stock ROM through Nandroid backup and relocked my bootloader so I could install the stock OTA JB update. Now all I get is ...this device is for development purposes...etc. in red text on my 'Quietly Brilliant' splash screen. I'm back on ICS stock ROM with bootloader unlocked but would dearly be able to install the ViperX JB ROM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
you have flash the stock recovery before you can ota
General dogsbody and drinker of tea

If I helped you, Press the thanks button

And just in case you didn't see it the first time, if I helped you, press the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to nogotaclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

herbie13
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednaxela1963 View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Try here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1975140
The Following User Says Thank You to herbie13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470

DONATE TO ME
And if you are on full stock there is no need to relock the bootloader. Saves some flashing and unlocking.

sent from my venomized piece of technology
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rednaxela1963
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage Lock not 'relock' bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
And if you are on full stock there is no need to relock the bootloader. Saves some flashing and unlocking.

sent from my venomized piece of technology
Are you saying if I do a Nandroid backup with my current ROM then save it to my laptop, do a factory reset I don't have to lock my

bootloader to get OTA updates Mr. Hofs?

P.S. Sorry about the delay, been offline.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470

DONATE TO ME
No in order to receive ota you do not need to relock the bootloader, all you need is stock rom, kernel and recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jambu95
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
No in order to receive ota you do not need to relock the bootloader, all you need is stock rom, kernel and recovery
on htc phones, unlocked bootloader can receive and update ota, but have to on stock rom and stock recovery?
and i wanted to ask, is there any difference between "LOCKED" and "RELOCKED" bootloader?

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambu95 View Post
on htc phones, unlocked bootloader can receive and update ota, but have to on stock rom and stock recovery?
and i wanted to ask, is there any difference between "LOCKED" and "RELOCKED" bootloader?

only the RE and for this RE you can lose your warranty
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treebill
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambu95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
only the RE and for this RE you can lose your warranty
correct but i believe the question was aimed towards OTA's and not warranty and as such, no locked and relocked act the same.
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog
The Following User Says Thank You to treebill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jambu95
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by treebill View Post
correct but i believe the question was aimed towards OTA's and not warranty and as such, no locked and relocked act the same.
yes, my question is referring to ota, i didn't care much about it but, is there any way to change it into "LOCKED" again, if there's no method it's ok either.